how does this look to you?

jammy

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be mate, but there not many available and I will need new shocks anyway. Spax is looking my best option at 500 quid. I've seen koni Street kit for 400,,,,what's on it must come off asap

• 1 month later...

Well the cheap n nasty stance colonels has been removed and sent back (venom motorsport) are getting all funny with me over it too! Anyway I have replaced them with full spax rsx coilovers with adjustable damping (was up for £799 but went up with 51% discount as was the last set in store ðŸ˜)

Been on for 1000 miles now Nd booked in for get adjustments next Saturday.. I went in when after I fitted them for a check and the castor is almost perfect now so there was an issue there as I haven't moved anything since it was last on the ramps...

The ride hight has changed a bit now

Fronts 340mm

Rears 320mm

As I was in a rush the day it was checked we set it to 0.0 up front and left everything else as it was (rear camber has changed a bit now being 25mm lower but toe was still well in the great.

Front camber was 0.21 n/s and 0.46 o/s as the top bolt hole on the shock have room for adjustments (elongated hole) over all it drives pretty damn well but I would like it to be nice and sharp again as it's quite boring set as it is.

I've got genuine top mounts on way as the new ones I fitted in February are shot to bits (cheap ebay crap)

I was going to aim for the same settings as you gave me before but the rear camber is in the red now but I don't want to loose the ride hight it's at now

I think the front ride hight might be 350 as it goes.. I will measure it again later... I've gone for a lower rear to hopefully take some of the weight off the front end as the rear rake was higher then the front and left a crashy ride

Reads like progress has been made although i'm not so sure about the rake being lower at the rear?... Providing the rear lower arms and the front wishbones are horizontal then the roll centre will be fine. Also if you feel the rear squat corner out stiffen the rear dampers. 

Funny you should say about the rear squatting as it was doing that so I did indeed up the settings on the rear. I'll get a pic up soon mate.. Or I'll nab a phone number off rich and WhatsApp it and let him post It! It sits well.. Maybe a little less camber on the rear would be a good idea too.. When the rear was level or slightly higher than the front before, the front would move a lot on bumps and lumps but rear stayed firm and I did t feel she at all.. Was out for a little drive this eve and had some lad in his astra city Sri 150 bhp trying to keep up down the bypasses so thought I'd let him stay with me and loose him on all 4 roundabouts 😇 I let him pass on the last straight and got a plumbs up off him haha

Point to note about the camber is the lean needs to match the suspensions curve on bump/ droop. If you can imagine the suspensions motion as a curve and then the motion of the wheels camber curve then you can see the motion keeps the correct tyre contact patch during the transitions.

How much am I looking at if I came up to you mate?as I want it spot on now as I just want to use the car and enjoy it..

If my top mounts turn up soon I have Friday off and also Saturday..

Where I have been going are OK but don't like being told what to do :unsure:

Yeah all fitting I can do no problem.. But I don't have access to a machine I can use by myself anymore. These guys are good but I'm not sure they are anywhere as good as you or your team when it comes to setting up something that's out of normal manufacture range as again they struggled to get the rear to read because the ride hight listings only went down as far as 340mm for the rear. And it's always well we will get it as near as but it's impossible to get it bang on the required targets? More like cant be beep to be gentle and reach the required targets and its always come back in A few 100 miles and we will adjust it some more.. Fine but it's also J. Adjusting my wallet each time..

I want the castor bang on I want the camber bang on S do I want the toe bang on.. Is that to much to ask for, 😂

What's your email address Tony? I'll send you the current setting and a picture of the car so you can see the ride hight

Looking at it the rear don't seem to sit that much lower than the rear if it even does at all.. It's deceiving given the rear arch sits lower then the front anywa

Yes because of the indirect adjustment as the toe is corrected. You still need to work on the rear camber. As you said in the email you could raise the rear 10mm but i don't think that will be enough so you might need to find another adjuster.

OK mate I will keep you posted...

My top mounts to have turned up today so all systems go..

I found that guy with the astray Sri again last night 😂 he said he could not believe how quick and flat such a big car could take a roundabout haha.. No tyre sqeel or sliding.. After the 3 round about he said his car got so unstable it was pointless trying to catch me 🙃

I had an Astra h Sri cdti 150 last year. It was running 210bhp and had that ids suspension.. Electronic damping etc. Hold sport button for a couple of seconds and all hell broke loose, the car went nice Nd firm and took corners very well.. His car did t have ids fitted haha

Dday tomorrow.. Top mounts on and I have serious aggressive front camber. Only push the shocks back in a couple of mm too.. Up early and get that sitting better and then see what the numbers are :)

Total beeping knob jockies

Rather than use their swanky heat tool that clips to each end of the nut and bolt the tech decided to swing on it like a monkey and sheered the nut off the camber arm ffs..

Not impressed as this is my ownly means of transport for another week as the work car needs tyres...

So I had to go and releave my vectra Sri of its camber bolt so I can get back on the road.. The rear has to go up as it couldn't reach the target numbers

Fronts camber 1° 27 n/s and 1° 31 o/s

That was me setting it by sheer guess work and a boat level. As I am going back Friday for new camber bolts on the rear the front can wait.. Toe is 0.0 at the front.. +5 left it in the red, I'm guessing that's because camber isn't at the 1°50 target

If that's +5 minutes then it's an absolute fraction... Remember toe is the least influential of all the angles. 1.27 and 1. 31 i assume is Negative or - < on the printout? Nevertheless they are a bit deep -50' is an ideal benchmark.

Yeah negative mate.... I had to get out of there today. A trainee and a lazy tosser left in charge..

Good job I had a vectra I am breaking tbh.

I'm not liking the drive this time round.

I had it driving better doing my own measurements and I got the toe on 0.0 with a tape measure and some titting about . think I'll be coming up to annoy you soon mate :whistle:

I think things have definitely got messy so it seems wise we start over and get things in order.... It should be an easy fix but those attempts before has made things unnecessarily complicated. I can put things back in order no problem.