Tyrewall damage.

Viking

Well, tonight was fun. Popped over to Mother In Laws house about 2 miles away to let the cat in and lock everything up. On the way there I felt a bit of a thump on the front end. Thought nothing of it other than "What was that?" and went to do the business. Came back out of the house, looked at the front wheels and I have a flat tyre. :censored:

So, in the dark and cold, changed the tyre for the spare, got back home and had a close look. Split in the sidewall where I caught something. Bloody marvelous. Only done about a thousand miles on the new winter tyres as well. :rolleyes:

tyre.jpg

Yes, the Wintrac Xtreme S, but the tread pattern is different and I keep all my tyres the same. I can cope with two the same on one axle, but I wouldn't have just an odd one. So I'll have to buy two and keep one as a spare or sell it on.

I've checked all my usual online suppliers yes. The only place who mention them are showing them as on back order and cost over £145 when in stock. The new profile tyres can be had for £80 a corner delivered so I'm not banking on waiting for the old ones coming back into stock at that price. Local tyre fitter has also drawn a blank from his suppliers.

No, I was driving when it happened, didn't hit anything, just a pop and a hiss and straight flat.

Strange - was it the same route you were driving?

No, first time I was less than a mile from home, this was about 20 miles away.

Pure chance methinks..... The van tyre cut is typical of a sharp object like metal/ glass but i think metal and the car tyre is typical blunt compression trauma like a stone in the road, side of a pothole, kerb.