Fabia Vrs geometry findings after hunter set up

Serafumi

Hi all . Recently I've fitted new wishbones , poly consoles , tie rods and ends , ball joints , top mounts (both parts) . And ap 25mm kit .. Went and had geometry checked yesterday, obviously was out, they adjusted the front toe , however when I was handed a printout,camber on passenger side was -1/2 degree and showing green on chart . But drivers side was -2 degrees and showing red ( out of spec )

Now I know you cannot adjust camber .. Is there anything I can do to try to even it out ?? And if I do try to sort it . Will it throw the toe out again ??

Regards Tony ..

Also when u questioned the guy who did it . He said it ain't that bad ..

Hi.....

-2 degrees is tragic so i don't know what he's going on about?...... Questions for you....

1: Does the car pull

2: Do the front strut top mounts have two or three location bolts in the turret.

Thanks for the fast reply tony .. I've owned the car for about a year now . And it's always pulled left .. Hence why I have changed nearly everything at the front end ... It defiantly drove better after they adjusted it .. But I thought that a degree and a half difference is not good .. I was wondering if the new wishbones I brought are slightly different .. And as for the strut tops .. 3 bolts .. I remember back from my mk2 golf days that you could adjust the ball joint via the 3 holes . Don't think you can with the fabia ...

Regards Tony

Drivers side camber explains the pull left.... Since the camber is not adjustable the items you replaced are logical but there's more to do.

1:On three point top mounts they can be off-set meaning the damper shaft acts as an adjuster. Have a look at how central the shafts are on both front mounts.

2: If the damper is located in the hub with one pinch bolt then in an "event" the damper can bend at the pinch point and/ or the hub cast can bend. To check the damper it needs removing from the hub. To check the hub look for witness marks in the cast.

3: Most FWD cars front subframes can be moved or lets say optimized meaning with the front raised and all the location bolts loosened it's possible to move one camber toward negative and the other toward positive.

Did they give you any final positions for the castor and KPI also called SAI?

Hi Tony . Its interesting that you say about the subframe positioning .i took the car to a small garage to have tracking checked when I brought it a year ago and he said he had to move the drivers side subframe , God knows why .. I also have a geometry sheet at home from the guy I brought the car from , so will have to check it out when home .. To see if prob was there a few years ago .. As for the Sai settings .. I'm unsure .. As the printout only has pictures .. And to be fair I don't really know what I'm looking at

Not many people do hence this forum. Why should you need to understand the readings when the shop should simply explain and offer a printout as proof....

The reason i asked for the SAI is the difference between the NSF/ OSF can tell me if there's a bend in the unsprung chassis ( under the springs ) or sprung chassis ( over the springs ) Or combined tell me if the move in the subframe caused the problem.

Is the caster not enabled a default setting by hunter? Maybe they should turn it on my default,unless their viewpoint is that it causes confusion over readings for the average non-WIM trained engineer to perform analysis so throughput of cars is higher

That machine is not a Hunter, i think it an Arago made by Snapon. On the Hunter the only default setting is ROC ( Run Out Compensation ) which measures the wheels trueness... You can set measurement paths but not defaults.

Just had a look at the top mounts .. I must say neither look completely central .. Going by the shaft of the shock .. I will undo the 13mm bolts on Monday if I get chance . You can see where the bolts used to be .. And it would pull the top of shock out a mm or 2 ... How much would a proper set up be at your place tony ..