Does this tyre look right?

Rich

Why do you think it isnt right?

There's abit of a gap between the tyre and the rim.

I'm not sure meself but the person who it belongs to is abit concerned as it didn't look like this prior to the garage working on it!

What work did the garage do? Did they put a new tyre on it?

It just looks like the tyre is designed with a rim protector so it sticks out slightly and should help cut down on wheel damage from curbs etc.

Actually, it doesn't seem to have a gap all the way round it, only on one part, that is a bit strange i suppose, maybe take it back and ask if its ok if it doesnt have an even gap all the way round.

They have problems with the car drifting to the left and the steering wheel is offset to the left.

I'm not sure what they did with the wheel and nor is the owner but they said since it came back from the garage it has had this gap.

I think there's a problem with the tyre, but the photo isn't very clear.

As you say the pics not that clear but if the owners not happy then take it back and ask if its safe, the tyre must have a bead/ seal around it as its not losing pressure or the tyre would be flat.

Got a few more pics, here's one, looks like it is a rim protector.

I weren't too sure as I had some on me federal super steels that were very big, but they didn't give a gap like this.

I'm still comfortable with these mate :thumbsup_anim:

Well I told them it's nothing to worry about but they still reckon the gap weren't there before it went into the garage.

So it could just be they never noticed before and now they have! :thumbsup_anim:

was it a new tyre put on or is it the original 1...or even a part worn..... mine have a slight gap round the rim.i have them curb protector tyre's on mine...surlly if thet steering wheel is out and it pull's to 1 side now.then it either a dodgy tyre or

where it's a new tyre then would it of knocked the alingment out abit as the new 1 would have even tread across it.

or am i way off there :thumbsup_anim:

I'm still comfortable with these mate :thumbsup_anim:

Well I told them it's nothing to worry about but they still reckon the gap weren't there before it went into the garage.

So it could just be they never noticed before and now they have! :thumbsup_anim:

Looks fine to me, and looks like the wheel would benefit from a rim protector :thumbsup_anim: Don't like the use of clip on balance weights for alloy rims though...is this acceptable practice? :thumbsup_anim:

It's the same tyre before and after it went to the garage. This is why I got confused cos if there was a gap beforehand surely they would've seen it! Also they have said that both the fronts are like it, so it must be ok, just confused me cos they said there was no gap prior to the garage looking...

It's the same tyre before and after it went to the garage. This is why I got confused cos if there was a gap beforehand surely they would've seen it! Also they have said that both the fronts are like it, so it must be ok, just confused me cos they said there was no gap prior to the garage looking...

Is it just possible the tyre was under inflated before, so closing the gap?

Is it just possible the tyre was under inflated before, so closing the gap?

Funny you mention that as it was actually over inflated, I think so anyway. 40psi on the fronts and 28psi on the rear. They haven't had the car long though and this is what the previous owner had put them at. They've now put the fronts on 32psi...