Bodyshop recomendations.

Evening all.

My back bumper was given a good "seeing to" by a 50cc scooter on my way home from work today - Can anyone recomend a good bodyshop in/around Watford/Ricky?

I'll be visiting PaintWorX up by the Croxley business park tomorrow at lunch, they've done good work for me before, but I'd like to get a 2nd quote as well.

Its not massive damage - some scrapes/gouges mostly - but with the Enfield Pageant this weekend .. its annoying.

James

Poxy bikes........ Bushey Body care are very good. I used to do Geometry's for them and had to ask what's been done to the car because there was no evidence of a crash and they would say, oh a complete front end or alike.

Hopefully these links work for the pics ...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/iYOd0yDDGIpdJN5yqr5_jd4Qj7dE20kXmwK7F9XBmDA=w958-h719-no

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/zmI74VnT5rCUWYzmpbfLajiQnttz9rLM0EpgXngNhBk=w958-h719-no

Its only cosmetic and to the plastics of the rear bumper, but it was SO close to damaging the paintwork on the boot itself. All of 1mm ... !

I've had a chat with Lemass before, and had a look at some of his past work, and its seriously impressive - but, as you say, very very expensive.

I've dealt with our "local" chipsaway guy - was not impressed. Turned up during the hour I said "Don't come between X and Y as I'll be in a meeting" - and then, even though he was advertised as doing paintless dent removal ... said "oh, we don't do dent removal, we'd fill and paint that"

Hopefully these links work for the pics ...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/iYOd0yDDGIpdJN5yqr5_jd4Qj7dE20kXmwK7F9XBmDA=w958-h719-no

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/zmI74VnT5rCUWYzmpbfLajiQnttz9rLM0EpgXngNhBk=w958-h719-no

Its only cosmetic and to the plastics of the rear bumper, but it was SO close to damaging the paintwork on the boot itself. All of 1mm ... !

I've had a chat with Lemass before, and had a look at some of his past work, and its seriously impressive - but, as you say, very very expensive.

Had the paint been removed? Maybe try to polish as much out as you can for now and see what is left afterwards.

(Don't forget as a gold member you can upload photos directly to the forum)

Yeah, the paint has been scraped off in places, right through the plastic of the bumper itself, and there are a number of scrapes. There's also damage (possibly cracking - I've not had a proper look underneath yet) to the underside of the bumper where his wheel got jammed.

Aye, I think I heard of them the last time I needed paint done - and read reviews that were very mixed, so stayed well clear.  Gonna head to PaintworX at lunch, and LeMass this evening on my way home - I know Lemass is going to be more, but I'm interested in just how much more.

I'm gonna bundle in some extra work too - not on the quote I give to the scooter driver of course, for some extra work on bits that annoy me - bump strips along the doors etc. While they are making paint up, may as well get those bits done!

I never realised Paintworx were near my work, I pass them everyday and didn't even know they were there! I'll be interested in what you think of the place as the Civic has had a big scuff on the front bumper since the missus got it and I've still not got around to finding someone to sort it.

They're really good Rich, friendly staff, really quick turn around (I had a few bits done before my best friends wedding where I was driving him to the church .. Front bumper corners, one rear bumper corner, and a small dent and scrape removal from the rear wheel arch ...) they had the car for less than 48 hours and gave me a ring when it was ready to collect. They even touched in a few extra little bits with a small amount of paint they had left. You can't even see where the repairs are! Perfect match on the rear wing too, no color gradient, no change in flake ...

Pop in if you pass them daily!

Todays quote was £100, I think it was £170 last time.

They are .. uh ... as you drive down the estate, past the sign for the cafe on the left, and then its through the gates on the left - in with the food wholesaler (?).

post-2503-0-59955300-1400596799.jpg

I turn off before there but I know where it is, abit further up from where I thought. Although from next week I'll be passing it every day once the one way system starts!!!  :banghead:

£100 is pretty good for that, I would say the Civic bumper covers a similar area and there is no damage, just the paint has come off!

Yup, that's it - there is no "major" damage, so its mostly prep and paint. They'll blend it in to the repair they did last time, so its pretty much the entire rear and top of the bumper that they'll be doing, not extending round the corners. He remembered the car from the last time too, which was good!

They seem to do some pretty major work too, not just the small bits, there was a Porsche in there that had clearly just been prepped for paint - the whole front end was down to metal and filler on the flat panels and wings with the rest of the car plastic wrapped.