Finally got a new car

thats a 4x4 mx5!

is that really how they come as standard ? that is a shocking gap between the arch and wheel if it is!

Raised 30mm for the EU market to gain better points for "pedestrian friendly impact". An issue raised by wim and somewhat coincided a conspiracy theory in some forums!

Fact is the geometry tolerances for the MK3 NC are ridiculously vast but oddly enough accommodate the as sold NC and the Mazda option lowering pack :huh: 

When lowered 30mm by chance the geometry falls near to the perfect Mazda suggestion..... Again i say :huh: 

To back up my thoughts about the MK3 NC i asked an owner with a brand new 20 miles on the clock if i could do a test on his car?..... He agreed and i took it to a MOT testing station and had the headlight aim tested and it failed "Aim to high"....... I rest my case.  

Seemingly +30mm gains better points so the car is deemed more friendly...... What a load of tosh.

Mazda will sell the car as seen and once purchased they will lower it 30mm on the Eibach coils and as said it will then fall into the idyllic settings offered by Mazda, how very convenient.

Seemingly +30mm gains better points so the car is deemed more friendly...... What a load of tosh.

Mazda will sell the car as seen and once purchased they will lower it 30mm on the Eibach coils and as said it will then fall into the idyllic settings offered by Mazda, how very convenient.

Sounds like a double win for them - keep the EU happy and make more money selling the lowering kit.......  :thumbsdown_anim:

What if the pedestrian is 30mm shorter

Question _ If Warwick Davis and Stephen Merchant are crossing the street and get hit by a MX5 which one comes off worst ;):)

Nice car op, not sure about the black roof tbh , perhaps with the wheels were a gloss black as well

Thanks for the comments Guys  :)  Agree it's very 4x4 at the mo' and will be lowered on the official blue Mazda Eibach springs (whilst it's still has some warranty I don't want any reason for them to try and wriggle out of any claims). Then off to see Tony and the boys for a geo.  :D

Even out of the box it handles so much better than my old TT.  It's so nice to be back driving a nicely balanced car that gives some feedback from the road rather than the detached feeling I used to get from the Audi.

Josh

You know what despite all the glory we see at wim my heart is still toward the MX5...... Those out there that mock the car in my opinion havant driven one.... Smile per mile and bang for your buck they cannot be beaten.