Professional Detailing

JamesV70R

I've not used ONR before - I'll have to have a look in to it. I usually use QD every few days over the summer after a few coats of wax to keep things shipshape and clean, but it only has to rain once to put too much filth on the car. I've used the Tripple once but that was last year - a lot better than the "old" AG SRP, less dusty etc. I topped it with wax the same day so not sure how long it would have lasted on its own ...

The flats are right down the bottom by Springwell Lock, so it should be pretty quiet. Not a lot of moorings down there. Current tennant hasn't ever had any issues with noise etc from the boats, so thats a bonus. I'm an RYA qualified Inland Waterways helm anyway, so if I ever rent a boat I can moor it out the back of the flat lol! Only downside is we'll only be getting 12-16mb broadband tops. Not good for 2 x IT guys who both need low latency connections ... We'll see how things go. The neighbors may find us borrowing their internet!

I have some ONR you can borrow as well if you want! You can use it as a clay lube and QD as well, it's good stuff.

I'm hoping to try Tripple soon so will be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of SRP, although I've not used that for years.

A boat would be cool, do it! lol. Shame about the internet but it could be alot worse. I take it there is no cable in that road?

Its not even covered by Virgin! But the building was only built 2004 so WAY after whoever it was who laid the cable that Virgin (and the other cable providers) use. As for Fibre ... nothing close. Looks like 12mb is it. :(

Got to admit, I do have a boat, its just not suitable for canals! Too many low trees and cables to be able to sail lol!

Thanks for the offer on the ONR - I'm gonna see how quickly the car gets dirty outside the flat before I look at what to clean it with I think ... I'm not planning on using it as much because I can walk/ride to work easier .. that and the fuel bill needs to come down!

• 1 month later...

Ended up going with Refined Details in Aylesbury in the end -  dropped the car off at his unit this morning, pick it up some time tomorrow. 

He's put a few "teaser" pics on Facebook already as he's been doing the work ... I'm really excited to see the final product :)

James

Aye! 6 months til then though, I'm interested in how well its going to cope over the winter with the snow, salt, and muck.

Depending how it lasts I might be a sealant convert for winters. Can't beat wax for summer show time though ;)

I believe I can use just about any QD or shampoo, I'm going to stick with Meigs Gold though. Autobrite sell a QD - "Nano Detailer" which tops up the sealant. Its not particularly cheap ... but its something I might invest in to keep things slick. Wheels and exhaust tips are all coated in the nano too, so when I was the car Wednesday I'll be able to see how easily dirt comes off.

If you're coming to the NEC Motor Show - hall 8, stand 230 to see her in all her glory!

Adam said it was his favorite color of all the cars he has worked on this year. He will be doing a writeup of the detail to go in the portfolio but thats a little while off yet.

James

This was £250 - "Gold" detail - minor enhancement and sealant or wax, and I went for the extra of the Rain Repellent. He had the car for 2 days and put around 14 hours.

The show at the NEC is the "Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show" http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/ - I'm on the Volvo Owners Club stand for the 3 days of the show - next Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

James