They should all work to the same standards mate, but i know what you mean with some garages making things up so they get the work off you, if you feel they are making something up you can contact VOSA,

Something i always tell family members if they taking the car for any sort of work is, let them know you work for trading standard or the police ;) even if you don't :D makes them think twice

Thanks yes I did come across that one (although was a bit surprised that up until that point I had no idea there were council MOT stations!) but they only do Monday to Friday and ideally I need a weekend.

This might be a safer bet though unless me or my dad can go up there to go with her.

If you want to be 100% safe for your sister and the car, my mate Steve has a garage in Glossop sk13 5ey not that far away :D He is the MOT tester and owner.

Thanks, but an hour each way is probably a bit excessive for an MOT - we'll take our chances with Kwik Fit.

Seriously though there's no way to fault that car, it's got barely any miles on the clock and still smells new inside so should be ok hopefully.

I have my mot booked tomorrow , i have a mate who does it but its a bit of a trek but its easier on the emissions :)

That's why I still go to Essex for our MOTs, I'd rather use someone I trust and they're not as strict! I've had a couple of MOTs where I live but they weren't good experiences.