Tyre storage

Rich

• 3 months later...

Looking at these again I don't think I've really got the room for a stand now plus I store alot of empty cardboard boxes on top the wheels, which might make it unstable.

I am looking at storage bags now as it will make carrying them alot easier, think I'm gonna get these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unitec-75555-Tyre-Bag-Piece/dp/B001KXJI2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361878925&sr=8-1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought those covers and they look good. The material is thin but it's only to offer some protection so should be ok and the strap is stitched around the whole cover. Some others I've seen it's just a handle at the top so when you lift the wheel up the stitching would probably snap! I also like the fact they are marked with which corner of the car the wheel has come off.

Wheel-Covers-01.jpg

Wheel-Covers-02.jpg

Wheel-Covers-03.jpg

Those look quite good, can you get any that cover the whole wheel? After getting the flat in the merc might be good to have a bag like that as the wheel doesn't really fit in the well properly - it has a plastic bag to put the wheel in but that a little unwieldy, this looks quite handy.

Those look quite good, can you get any that cover the whole wheel? After getting the flat in the merc might be good to have a bag like that as the wheel doesn't really fit in the well properly - it has a plastic bag to put the wheel in but that a little unwieldy, this looks quite handy.

I'm sure you can but these are designed to go with the stand they also make so the centre part needs to be missing to mount the wheels on it.

Were those from ebay Rich? As I need a set before the end of the month.

Nope Amazon, see post #11 :)

In the comments for one of the reviews there is this:

I have 16" with 205/55 tyres. There was a resonable ammount of room, so I doubt you'll have any problem with 17" wheels.