New Beetle.

Viking

Our daughter has had 2 years out of her old Seat Ibiza and it was time to move it on. She hadn't hit anything or bumped anything, so I reckoned it was time to get her something a little better. So, off to South Wales at the weekend (600 miles round trip) and bought this.

beetle.jpg

beetle1.jpg

First thing was a stop at my local VW dealers where they fitted a cambelt / water pump. It's a 8 year old car and has 72k miles on it, and the belt change interval is 60k miles or 4 years. :o

The eagle eyed ones amongst you will see a dent in the bonnet. So after VW did their bit it came home, and Paul at Just Dents went round the car and knocked out all the dents and suchlike, while I ran the VAX over the inside. To be fair to the previous owner it was remarkably clean, and very little dirt came out. Also fitted a new set of tyres to a set of genuine VW alloys I'd bought, so the scabby wheeltrims and crap tyres have gone.

A new set of numberplates are on order, and the handsfree kit is ready to go onto a new Brodit mount which will be fitted sometime soon, Right now the car is hiding at my mates in his barn until we can get time to properly wash & polish it, fit the goodies mentioned above, and then on Saturday morning (her birthday) we're going to present it to her.

It's already insured.

She was insured on her Seat Ibiza with Diamond, and when this was sold last week they froze the insurance. When we found the Beetle for sale and subsequently bought it, my wife phoned and put the car on the policy and paid the difference (£112 extra for the rest of the year). Both myself and the wife are named drivers, and the wife has authority on the policy etc.

The only slight hiccup was that Diamond sent an email to the daughter thanking her for the payment and for reinstating the policy. We fudged it by telling her that we'd put some random details on for when we go car shopping at the weekend so that I could drive any car we went to see on my policy. It was vague enough for to believe us. :lol:

Saturday morning is presentation time, so before then I've got to fit the handsfree kit and fix a top boost hose which is blowing off (common problem), fit a new set of wipers, and Autoglym the dash etc. Then there's "Happy Birthday" stuff to stick on the inside and stuff. Wife needs to do that.