Problem with tyre or wheel?

bojcistv

Yes. Now I am feeling that vibration under my feet and through the car as well. Tomorrow I am going to buy one I found on scrap yard. 50 Euros.

Here are the results of balancing on Hunter machinery :)

dscf0100.jpg

This is results for my summer tires.

dscf0098.jpg

This is for my winter tires.

dscf0099.jpg

This is output for one of my winter tire that couldn't be balanced. Here is stated that Force matching won't get wheel in limit.

Bit update on this nightmare.

Last night I managed to change left drive shaft. It was in better condition than the one took of the car. There is significant play in the inner as well as in the outer CV joint. We took a car on the test drive and found that steering wheel is somehow stiffer and better handling but 50% of the vibration on the 120 km/h are still there!? We took car back on the jack and found that there is some play in the right drive shaft, more precisely in the inner CV joint. I moved the wheel about 1 cm approximately and my friend found that there is play inside the inner CV joint. The plan is to try found new spider with bearings to repair that inner joint to see if there will be vibrations still.

Nightmare....

I hope it will be solved with the replacing bearings on the inner joint spider (crossing). I remember last year in the novembar i put the used drive shaft on the right side since my steering wheel badly shake while acceleration. I have no such symptoms now but just those vibration through steering wheel and under the car somehow....we will see....any way i will keep you informed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Vibrations slightly starts at 110 km/h, than are increasing and its peak is between 120 and 130 km/h and lasts till the 140 km/h when it stops. But i can sense them on all speeds when I slightly turns the steering wheel left or right. Let's say 5 degrees left or right and i can sense the vibrations like the front wheels aren't balanced. Turn back wheel in the middle position and nothing till i get the 110 km/h when vibs are shown as above but this time is more like up and down and steering wheel don't shake at all, more felt through the wheel as well as through the all car.

It also depends on the road surface as far as I figured out. Their frequency aren't low like it is on unbalanced wheel but more high and I am feeling like they are coming from the middle of the car. Passenger seats are shaking (wobbling) like rear wheels aren't balanced.

I've changed next stuff since it had shown in the august last year:

1. Front shocks....no result

2. New alloys with tyres....no results

3. Right drive shaft.....good result since it eliminated heavy vibs under acceleration (worn inner CV joint)

4. Hydro bushing on lower arms....vibrations decreased by 25% or more, while we're doing that we noticed lower transmission mount is worn (better say there are crack in the rubber inside the moount),

After this works vibrations are still there but not so strong and since I didn't have any money for the repairs I decided to not pay attention to them. In the april this year I changed the tires (Uniroyal summer tires) and I got in the conversation with few guys who worked in the garage (very experienced ones since they are more than 50 years old) and told them about my personal hell with this. They put the rear tires on the machine and rotate the tires on the rims for 180 degrees and let me go on the highway. What a shock!!!! I aproached the 120 km/h mark on the speedo and.....nothing!!!! Smooth as babies skin!!! I couldn't believe how my car is quiet, nice, smooth and real limousine! After let's say one month some vibs showed again on the wheel but it was like any unbalanced wheel. After i did the fronts wheels in the august (one year after vibs showed for the first time) my old vibro feeling came back. After that I tried to do balancing on the Hunter machinery, changed left drive shaft and finally I did change of bearings in the right drive shaft. Vibs are still here like I haven't done anything but I must say they are not so deviant and noticeable like they used to be.

Well I don't have any issues with the brakes as well but I will check them any way and do some grease on calipers and so other parts there.

I just can't figure out what can be cause of that since I have changed many of those parts who supposed to be culprits by books. What's left is to check gearbox (i don't know how to do it?) and steering rack?!

I am really confused with the seats shaking on that speed which is most noticeably after all those works on car since it is pointing on the rear wheels but it is balanced on the Hunter as well.....you said also wheel don't unbalance so easy!

As you mentioned rotational mass I went to one garage near my work place to check the balance on rear wheels. It was on left wheel 30g/30g and on right one 25/70gr. Guy said it was unbalanced!?

I am completely confused with this since I was on Hunter machine 3 weeks ago. Is it possible it went out of balance so much. I took a ride on the highway and the vibs are decreased in let's say 75%.

Don't worry about your spelling mate. It is perfectly correct. I am not native speaker and I can just imagine how it is hilarious to you when you read my "Indian" posts :). But that's the way it is.

Any way I took waterproof marker and made some marks on the tire/rim. It is completely out of mind on the first site that tire could slip on the rim but my car is completely mystery for me during the last year so it wouldn't be miracle if this is happening. I will see.

By the way on the back home vibs are back in full light again....completely mystery my friends.....I am freaking out with this....like I am driving USS "Enterprise" on WARP drive and I am dealing with the hyper drive issues......:)....unbelievable