Lambo rant

Overreaction or what :bananapopcorn:

No, not an overreaction - the Lambo driver was being a complete and utter prick and showing off. He was making a hell of a racket unnecessarily which probably breaches numerous laws as well as just annoying the hell out of normal passers-by.

Its the sort of thing that brings supercars and motorsport in general into disrepute.

There's a time and place for everything - and that was NOT it!

sounded great to me :bananapopcorn:

looks like he was doing it for the camera............ such an obliging chap !!

London is full of young Arabs in supercars and to hear them revving the nuts out of them is quite common

however I can understand that some people might get annoyed with it

If some little chav sat there revving up his corsa, most people here would give a similar reaction

he broke no laws, but possibly some noise and driving legislations....... but as legislation is only given the force of law through concent and i dont think he cared much to concent to following the guidelines, I doubt very much that he could get in trouble.

i think the pedestrian freaked a little and became agressive unnecceserily. The dude was revving for the camera, if the pedestrian had said "jees dude you shocked the hell out of me" i wonder if the video would have got laughs instead of opposing points of view?

he broke no laws, but possibly some noise and driving legislations....... but as legislation is only given the force of law through concent and i dont think he cared much to concent to following the guidelines, I doubt very much that he could get in trouble.

I think you are wrong. It may depend upon what part of the world you are in, but in Europe there are specific regulations covering vehicle noise levels in urban environments. In the UK they are enshrined in the Road Traffic Acts and are therefore within the law.

Lamborghini were forced to introduce exhaust baffling to meet the the EEC regulations when their vehicles are travelling at town speeds. Anyone who, when in an urban environment, deliberately revs the engine to noise levels above those specified seems to me to be open to prosecution. Whether the police would want to pursue such a case is a different question. I suspect they would only want to do it if the nuisance was persistent and then they may be more likely to use local By-laws to make the case.

I don't understand your point about legislation and consent. Legislation is a very general term covering a range of law making processes. Acts of Parliament are primary legislation and once enacted they are the law of the land and are certainly not subject to consent. The RTA are created by Acts of Parliament and are the law. Insofar as the EEC regulations are incorporated into the RTA, I believe they have the force of law in the UK.

I think we may be getting a slight overreaction the other way here - he didn't seem to be some tw*t sitting there revving the nuts off his lambo to attract attention, he was just kindly obliging the request of the passerby who was filming as Bazza said.

London is a really noisy place, especially if you've been anywhere near roadworks (which are everywhere) so this isn't any noisier than what you will generally put up with in London, especially when it's only for a few seconds.

I completely agree that it can be scary if it catches you unawares (people on superbikes in London seem to often burn off from the lights) but hearing that glorious engine more than makes up for it ;)

Have to agree with you there Parthiban :D London is very noisy and I'd rather listen to that car than the noise of a bus sitting in traffic!

If some little chav sat there revving up his corsa, most people here would give a similar reaction

To be fair a Corsa sounds crap regardless of what exhaust it has on it! ;)