Are wheels spacers safe?

Tony

wheels turned to the left, the driver could have been going too fast and turned left to avoid the curb, then hits the curb throwing the car in the air?

doesnt look fake to me, just needs more background. In fairness the spacer probably wouldnt have made any difference if he hit the curb like this, screwing up is screwing up no matter what equipment you use! :D

Now I've had a proper look at home I think this is definitely photoshopped. It looks like the car has been jacked up and then they've tried to remove this in photoshop. There is something very wrong with that rear left wheel as well.

i still believe its real to be honest, it looks a little like a still from footage or a slightly older dslr.

the "blurring" looks less like blurring to me and more like kicked up dust, there looks to be the threaded stub of one wheel bolts is in the spacer still, as though the wheel sheered off. And the height of the car is about right for a bouncy kurb crash.

im still trying to find out more

Still doesn't explain why that rear wheel is up in the air...if it was on the ground it would be touching the shadow like the front wheel. Will a wheel falling off the front really cause both the rear ones to go up in the air?! :lol:

i think you are looking at it from a different perspective. The wheel falling off would indeed not throw the back end in the air, i agree with that, but a different perspective is hitting the kurb at speed would both break the wheel off at the wheel bolts and throw the car into the air

For that car in the video yes not the one in the OP, I still think it's been messed with.

Where is the wheel that's come off would it really travel that far from the car? Why isn't there any damage to the body? If it has slammed into the kerb hard enough to take the wheel off where are the skid marks?

This is just my opinion with no real knowledge how this would work, but for me the right wheel hitting the kerb is not enough of an impact for the car to get up on one wheel like that - 2 maybe, 1 no.

I still think it would be quite difficult to do but the only way it would make a small amount of sense is if there was an incredibly sudden stop at the front left corner, but there's no obstruction to indicate that. Even then the weight of a car would make the wheel give way or similar, for the car to pivot on its front wheel just seems impossible.

The only thing that would make sense is some kind of explosive charge at the right rear corner, like they use in the movies :lol:

Like I said though I'm no expert in physics so this is just my opinion.

The wheel may have gone under the car and threw it up in the air.

If thats the case where is the wheel , it could be the aftermath of an accident bearing in mind the dent on the rear , but i think there is enough information to blame the wheel spacers hence my original question

How does that work then? So is it saying that when you manipulate part of a picture and then resave the JPEG that only the amended pixels get resaved, not the entire image?

If so I didn't know that, interesting info - still not sure I understand what that site is doing though!