How Much Damage Can a Pothole Cause?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, some people got fed up with waiting on Phil for all sorts of things, but not me.

I believe in Phil, his passion and his product. I understand he's pretty much a one man band and so things take time.

I could have had numerous other brands at greater expense and without really knowing if they would be better or worse than Phil's set-ups.

Absolutely loved the Puredrives so I wanted the SD's as replacements, also taking in considerations with being same brand etc for the claim.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Meaning what?

"This statutory defence allows a council or highways agency to defend claims on the basis that they had taken reasonable measures to ensure that problems such as potholes are found and dealt with swiftly.

All councils should have a reasonable system in place whereby they regularly inspect roads and repair them if necessary. Provided they have followed their system as they should, they may be able to reject your claim. However, if you can prove that they haven't, or that their system differs from the recommendations of the national recommended standards for highway maintenance, then you may be able to claim. "

Just a little update, still no word from the council, delays Phil's end in fitting shocks and 6UL's supposed to arrive in March. :D

Getting a tad miffed here. :D

You need to keep on at them , letters EVERY two weeks !!

You should have a drive around Chesham, you can have a whole day out in some of the potholes :(

I'm recently back from the London to Cape Town Rally and have driven over some extremely interesting roads throughout January.

Whilst I am as frustrated as everyone else by the state of some of our roads, I'm going to be a little more relaxed about them now - the "road to Mars" from the Ethiopian border into Kenya has to be seen (and driven) to be believed. There's no doubt that we have it really easy over here! Complaining to the authorities won't get you anywhere either...

Andy

I assume they don't pay any sort of road tax.

Probably not. We did have to pay some car tax and road fund cash at a couple of borders but doubt they contribute much to the infrastructure - just a way of fleecing foreigners more like.

The Chinese are building new roads all over the place though and the road to and from Marsabit, Kenya is likely to be tarmac within 4 years or so, so now's your chance for serious masochism - get in there before it gets easy.

It's assumed that the Chinese are investing as a payback for mineral rights as its no coincidence that the new roads are near where they are mining...

Do you need a navigator..... me want!!

I am the nav Tony so can't help there.

With your professional hat on you'd be dismayed at the crazy angles some of the conditions applied to some cars' suspension. Even our Hilux ended up with a lot of negative and toe-out on the front nearside, but nothing 1/8th turn tot he right of the steering wheel couldn't deal with.

The X5 broke many damper top mounts and a rear nearside top link.

What is very odd though is car 29 in the last pick. Officially it is a V8 Morgan...