Ferrari F430 for 24k

Tony

Must be a typo - otherwise quite a bargain if there's nothing wrong with it!

Bit random but slightly related question, wondered you may know a bit about it as you get so many in but are Ferraris totally crippling ownership experiences? Say if you bought a something like a 360, will running it ruin you financially (ignoring normal costs like fuel and insurance, I'm just asking about servicing and maintenance)?

i have always had the train of mind with supers cars that:

buying a super car is the easy / cheap part. owning, running, servicing and insuring one is the expensive part.

considering that its an 05/06 plate its regularly only had 1100miles p/a

Serviced at: 06-1100miles 07-2900miles 08-5200miles 09-6275miles 10-7500miles

Wow ok that's a bit more than I thought it might be (although recently learned that the OEM pads for the Lexus IS-F are not far off that so perhaps it's not that outrageous) - you could easily be spending £3-4k per year then on maintenance alone, without taking into account unexpected things that might go wrong.

Which supercars have the most reasonable running costs?

Btw that price you've just quoted for ceramic discs is exactly the reason why I don't understand why anyone gets them!

its a super car though.

its not going to be the standard running costs like a mondeo or a 'mild' performance car like a lotus.

there is a chap around where my parents live with one of the new 458's on his drive. most of the time its in his garage or its out side being polished.

about once in a blue moon he actually pootles about in the thing.

and im sure it will sell on with low miles and no one realising the engine will be shot from a short on - off to get the car out the garage and the few miles he does in it.

its a super car though.

its not going to be the standard running costs like a mondeo or a 'mild' performance car like a lotus.

there is a chap around where my parents live with one of the new 458's on his drive. most of the time its in his garage or its out side being polished.

about once in a blue moon he actually pootles about in the thing.

and im sure it will sell on with low miles and no one realising the engine will be shot from a short on - off to get the car out the garage and the few miles he does in it.

Yes of course it should cost more just in simple economic terms, but beyond a certain point it gets a bit silly. £500 or so for pads is expensive, but reasonable for the fact it's a supercar. £15k for discs though is just ridiculous - I actually think that's silly even when the car is brand new, it shouldn't cost 10% of the price of the car to replace a common part like a brake disc.

Honestly don't understand why someone would spend all that money on a 458 to never use it!

Yes of course it should cost more just in simple economic terms, but beyond a certain point it gets a bit silly. £500 or so for pads is expensive, but reasonable for the fact it's a supercar. £15k for discs though is just ridiculous - I actually think that's silly even when the car is brand new, it shouldn't cost 10% of the price of the car to replace a common part like a brake disc.

Honestly don't understand why someone would spend all that money on a 458 to never use it!

but we class £500 as expensive but to a fezza owner thats probably pence to them.

15K could be seen as unresonable but i see people with 1990's mx5's (no offence at anyone here, just a car thats a good example), who have spent thousands on up grading their brake, wheels, and tyres just to go on a track.. and possible in some instances they w could have paid 2x what that car is really worth!

15K for a set of ceramic brakes will be a nice option for some one who has the money and who likes doing track days.

Another example is the new GTR... was it nissan who was buying all the tyre stocks for that car and trying to sell the rubber shoes for £2k... ?

Must have realised the price was wrong when they started getting lots of hits on the website!

Now gone upto £83990

Who confuses an 8 and a 2 on a keyboard!! :(

A dyslexic salesman :D hope he's not the co accountant as well ;)