Japfest not a happy day for everyone

Tony

Real shame, I mentioned over in the OJC thread that wouldn't it be a good idea for each stand at these shows to have fire extinguishers? If they had got to that sooner it might not have caused as much damage as it did in the end (the interior looked wrecked as well)

Cars like this need to have on board systems or at least a quality hand held one imo. I carry a small one in my Evo but that car in question was the lap record holder at Coombe with around 800hp , it was a beast, if i spent that kind of money i would have fitted a properly plumbed in system

TBH at an event like this you would've thought they'd have fire extinguishers for each stand anyway.

It didn't take that long for the extinguishers to arrive, but it took a lot of them to put the fire out. I stopped counting after ten 'full size' extinguishers, and there were a few more used after that. He reckons it was an oil fire caused by not cleaning up after the run he had before. He had got in the Skyline with his girlfriend (wife?) just to the right of my car and drove off towards the assembly area, but he hadn't cleared the front of the OJC stand before there was a loud 'pop' and they both bailed out.

A built in system was probably the only way the fire could have been stopped before causing the damage it did. If it had been left burning much longer it would have been a problem for a few of the cars on the OJC stand, especially to Vix's 350Z.