Skoda Superb detailed

liner33

Rotary machines are heavy , i have two but wouldnt consider doing a whole car with one in a day , a DA is light and you can use it one -handed , its the right tool for the job why make the job harder than it needs to be

• 8 months later...

Gosh July 2012 till April 2013 , long time to wait for a good clean

The brand new wheels were looking very out of place on a very dirty car , its had quick washes but nothing else since July

Horrendous amount of tar on it , mainly due to the road being dressed in the village and all the gravel falling off within a week !!

So two washes with a wipedown with tardis inbetween then a polish with poorboys SSR2 , then a polish with Blackfire extra gloss polish

Waxed with a very disappointing wax I got as a free sample and then coated with red mist

P1000314_zpsa5fcccb1.jpg

P1000313_zps03e9dcd1.jpg

Looking shiny. I gave the Civic it's first ever clay and decontamination session before we went away and I couldn't believe the amount of crap it pulled off and there's still more to do.

What was the wax you used?

Me too but at £180 each it didnt make sense to replace them when they buckle so readily . 

They were a no cost option which I went for as they looked easier to clean and a little nicer than the standard wheel, but owners havent reported the standard ones buckling

I will probably see if Tony can do anything with them if its economically viable

These are the standard wheels

superbpraha-5--aed621_zpse804a680.jpg

Looking nice matey. Good to see you putting in the time to take care of it :)

The joys of keeping black cars clean eh lol  I've had loads of black cars in the past but the last few have been different until recently getting the bm. Can get very dusty in only hours where i live. Very much looking forward to getting a few day spare to give it some tlc :)

• 2 months later...

Washed the Superb this weekend , remember those brand new wheels i fitted in April ..........?

Two of them badly kerbed , not happy , think im going to give up . Bloody car parks itself and she still managed to kerb it , twice !!

Ouch! That was my big worry when the missus drove the Mondeo for abit as I kept those rims more or less spotless. Thankfully so did she! Are you going to refurb them or not bother?

• 8 months later...

Superb Detail

Our daily hack is 5 years old next month and it was well overdue a good clean, it spends its winter driving down muddy potholed back roads on my wife's daily commute and is much unloved.

Since my wife is away this week so I took the opportunity to give it a good detail and as it’s just about to hit 75,000 miles I thought I would treat it to a new set of brake discs and pads as last time I drove it they didn’t feel that great.

Was pretty stunned to see the condition of the original brake pads after all these miles , I reckon we could have got another 30k out of them easily!

Also treated it to a new set of number plates the old ones were a bit scuffed up

So that’s that job done then

20140324_150035_zps95b91877.jpg

20140324_151023_zps0eb8ad00.jpg

Right onto cleaning, this is what I started with

P1000790_zpse95b9c2f.jpg

P1000791_zps449fd22b.jpg

P1000792_zpscd55ae78.jpg

P1000793_zps95c6fb34.jpg

P1000795_zps972183d1.jpg

P1000799_zpsf4c552a0.jpg

Rather than stopping to take pics of a car covered with snow foam I thought I would just list the stages I did

First off Snow Foamed with Envy Bubbly Jubbly left to dwell for 15 mins whilst the wheels are treated with iron X, then rinsed

Then washed with Megs shampoo and the wheels cleaned with Espuma Revolution, then rinsed  

Then de-tarred with Tardis, then rinsed

Then I tried a Clay Cloth rather than my usual Bilt Hamber clay, very impressed , car rinsed

Then final wash with megs again, rinsed and dried

Loads of RDS, holograms and swirls

P1000801_zpsf2acb150.jpg

P1000802_zpse45e23ba.jpg

P1000805_zps91e33890.jpg

P1000806_zps9c5b9e80.jpg

Into the garage for correction with my Rupes Big Foot and yellow pad and polish

Polished again with the Big Foot and CPS Liquid gold to add a depth of gloss

Waxed with FK1000p and topped with Zaino Z8

Same polish and wax on the wheels and tyres treated with Swissvax Pneu

Interior cleaned with APC and then Envy Interior detailer used (Great smell) , seats treated with Zaino leather cleaner.

Windows cleaned with 3M glass cleaner

Engine covers wiped down with APC

Onto the “Aftersâ€

P1000807_zps7cee4e6a.jpg

P1000810_zpsa9d9fbfe.jpg

P1000812_zps7cefb083.jpg

P1000813_zpsa49084b0.jpg

P1000815_zpsd64deb1e.jpg

P1000816_zpsa7d5a8f3.jpg

P1000818_zps622a054c.jpg

And yes I remembered to do the tailpipes when I put it back in the garage smile.png

Looks good!

How do you find the FK1000p? I'm just about to "stock up" for a detail at the end of April, and am thinking of a change - I used Poorboys Natty Blue last year which I liked, but keep hearing good things about 1000p ... !

Its a very flexible long lasting sealant , when I say flexible you can use it on wheels, brightwork, paint and even glass , its easy on and easy off .

I dont use it loads but wouldnt be without it and for the price it cant be beaten

Bloody hell it looks brilliant...... Do you want to sell it :wub: And i'll say this your a brave man doing all that in this cold weather.

I'd imagine there is a heater in the garage! :lol: ;)

Bloody hell it looks brilliant...... Do you want to sell it :wub: And i'll say this your a brave man doing all that in this cold weather.

I'd imagine there is a heater in the garage! :lol: ;)

and a water feature

FK1000p is a sealant not a wax though

• 2 months later...

20140523_080930_zps4takx7xr.jpg

Doh ! Wife's done a proper job , managed to reverse into a fire escape . Going to be insurance job , complete new rear 1/4 needed so going to impact my insurance on this and my 370 .

However I'm the bad guy for being annoyed and insisting she take it to the bodyshop for inspection