Tsunami footage

Tony

I saw the programme last night on how it happened some amazing footage 1 city had 10 mtr high defense system in place and the affects of the earthquake dropped the wall over a metre :lol: and the guy was filming live on the ground effects you could see the gap getting wider and wider, like the earth was trying to split itself in two and then there was the liquifaction....amazing scenes.

Its scary stuff!! would hate to think about the final death toll. :lol:

Not seen that footage before, the guy starts at the bottom of the steps and as the water rises slowly moves back up the steps then up the path which you can see from earlier shots is on much higher ground.

The scary bit was those people sat on top of something right at the very end :tongue2:

Just watched it again, can't believe how quickly that water rose. Must've been very surreal for the people on the roof, like watching a film about the end of the world! :tongue2:

How are their houses made over there, I take it they're not built into the ground for them to just be carried off whole?

How are their houses made over there, I take it they're not built into the ground for them to just be carried off whole?

Doesn't matter, eventually the raging torent of water and debris will demolish most traditional built houses.