coloured lines on new tyres

adam_r

I remember a while back, Tony explained what the pretty coloured lines where for on a tyre when they where new.

I recently purchased some tyres (faken ZE912's) and none of the 4 have these lines on them. Is there any reason why they have not been put on.. or is it only a select few that do ?

have not had them fitted yet. (getting done this saturday) then im booking up for a wheel alignment / geo check at the closest garage that Tony has Trained, which is Collison Motoring Service Ltd at some point during the week for a good setup.

I did phone them up about a geo check and i was told they dont 'normally' do geo checks :D

one thing i have noticed with my current set up is quite odd...

the steering feels a little numb near the center and wobbling the wheel steering wheel left to right doesnt do much.

once i have turned in to the corner the car grips great, but then returning to the central position it requires a little effort to get it over an invisible 'heavy point' at around the 1 oclock position / 11 oclock position

I remember a while back, Tony explained what the pretty coloured lines where for on a tyre when they where new.

I recently purchased some tyres (faken ZE912's) and none of the 4 have these lines on them. Is there any reason why they have not been put on.. or is it only a select few that do ?

Because the Falken ze912 is an assymetrical tyre, it can only be fitted one way, so i guess the manufacturers thought it'd be a waste of time printing run out lines on them!

Because the Falken ze912 is an assymetrical tyre, it can only be fitted one way, so i guess the manufacturers thought it'd be a waste of time printing run out lines on them!

I think you have missed the point. Have a look at the pinned thread under "Important topics".

got them fitted and a geo done by a local firm who i have previously used for years due to their effort in getting things perfect.

the car drives pretty well actually, i will have to get the print out sheet but they did an ok job.... no castor readings taken though ?

car goes straight when letting go of the weel and tends off with the camber of the road. also no more 'dead' zone... i was told this was due to the fact in had a rather large amount of toe in on the front and back causing the premature inner wear on the F/N/S tyre.

no colour lines... only thing the tyres did have is that yellow dot on the inside