Putting 14" wheels on mine?

Rich

Thanks for the links Adam but they're either too far away or too expensive. Whatever rims I get the tyres will be scrapped so trying to find some not much tread left. The ones I lost last night went for £26 and some the other day went for about £15 just to give you an idea of what I want to spend...not much! :crying_anim:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats fair enough :crying_anim:.

I kept my old 16" alloy wheels for my 'winter' wheels. managed to get some all season tyres for £188 delivered from camskill which im quite chuffed about.

Since im near the sea on the south coast we dont get as much snow as you lot up 'norf'.. last year we got about +6" so it was not that bad... so im hoping the Falken ze912's will do the job.

just out of interest ER, have you got a breaker near you ? normally they sell steelies very cheaply.. so could be a good place to look ?

I would've kept my steelies if I had the room but sold them as soon as I got the alloys. My plan is to find some steel rims as cheap as possible, sell the alloys and use that to pay for the winter tyres. Then over winter look for some more steel rims to swap back to in the spring.

What size tyres did you get, that was a cheap for 4 tyres in 16"...are the 912 classed as all season then?

There's one or 2 breakers in the neighbouring towns but from previous experience they charge well OTT for parts now so I tend to search ebay/forums for parts now. There is someone not far from me selling a set of 15" steel rims brand new. They had them up for £80, then £70 and I offered £30 but they obviously declined and now back on at £50...just waiting for them to drop somemore cos I know they won't sell for that without tyres.

I would've kept my steelies if I had the room but sold them as soon as I got the alloys. My plan is to find some steel rims as cheap as possible, sell the alloys and use that to pay for the winter tyres. Then over winter look for some more steel rims to swap back to in the spring.

What size tyres did you get, that was a cheap for 4 tyres in 16"...are the 912 classed as all season then?

There's one or 2 breakers in the neighbouring towns but from previous experience they charge well OTT for parts now so I tend to search ebay/forums for parts now. There is someone not far from me selling a set of 15" steel rims brand new. They had them up for £80, then £70 and I offered £30 but they obviously declined and now back on at £50...just waiting for them to drop somemore cos I know they won't sell for that without tyres.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE912.htm (reviews of the falken ze912 - they say snow traction isnt the best though)

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m62b0s291p12906 <- where i got the tyres, they are classed as an all season tyre :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Missed out on some 15" steelies again tonight!! :o But I've got me eye on some 14" ones so will see if I get those...who would've thought trying to find some cheap wheels was such hard work!!

But that's a quid not 99p! :o The rims I missed out on the tyres were no good and they went for nearly £30, then you have to add fuel to collect and then replacing all 4 tyres. Might bid abit more for these 14's though as the tyres are fairly decent with loads of tread.

• 1 month later...

I won a set of 15" steelies last night for a bargain price of £31...2 tyres almost new, 2 half worn. The buyer said they wanted £50 when I asked. So far I've not heard anything, they had better not mess me about!!

Got an email...location on the auction was High Wycombe, easy enough to get to. They now tell me the wheels are in Aylesbury, WTF!! I hate driving around Aylesbury but I'm going Wednesday night so traffic shouldn't be too bad.

Maybe they haven't nicked them yet :lol:

Don't joke! It's taken me this long to win another set but at least they've said I can collect. Although they only gave me the postcode of where they are, the number and street might help as well! :D

Just got back from getting them...the guy had moved and didn't change his address on ebay. I had to phone him when I got to this address, which turned out to be his partners and then he came to meet me and I followed him to his lockup! Seemed abit dodgy at the time but was all kosher and got them. 2 tyres are virtually brand new, just scrubbed in by the look of it so they're worth £80, plus the other 2 that are part worn and the rims for a bargain 31 quid!! :D

Gonna check them over tomorrow but they looked ok and had been dry stored. The tyres that are almost new are Events, which I have on the front of the 17's and I hate them in the wet but they shouldn't be too bad in a smaller profile...hopefully! Just need to sell these alloys now but looking on ebay they don't seem to go for much, some for under £100 ;)