Tyre Damage Opinions?

nobbie

Hi All,

Long time no speak, but i've not really got any cars worthy of a decent geo.

My director had damaged her tyre.

It looks like the rim protector, but i'm not sure how thick said rim protector is. I'll try and get a photo up in a minute, but it's a pretty large gouge.

It's a Dunlop sp sport max.

The choice is a new tyre, or no new tyre and a risk of blow out?

It's only about 6 months old, and they're quite expensive.

I can't imagine any MOT bloke letting that past. But if it was in the boot as a spare, that would be a different matter... Unless of course it belongs to one of these bloody new-fangled motors that doesn't even have room for such a useful thing.

That should be fine....I had the Dunlop sp sport maxx on my Lexus IS200 and they have a huge flange/sidewall protecter...by the looks of things its just the flange/protecter thats damaged as this is quite thick and comes out alot before the sidewall is compromised....

Cool thanks guys. I've let her know, and I'll keep an eye on it too, in case a bulge appears.

The protector is sacrificial, that's what it's for.... If the structure was damaged it would have bulged immediately, it can't get ill over time.