wim alignment training

With the launch ( anytime soon ) of out national network of fitting/ calibration partners, our national partner has agreed our geometry training is superior to the current standard and wim will be training the partner centre staff.

Goes without saying really because i'm not going to associate with any old crap, point is a national company recognizes they are missing the knowledge and for once seek help to come up to wim code.

Permission to wobble head?

With the launch ( anytime soon ) of out national network of fitting/ calibration partners, our national partner has agreed our geometry training is superior to the current standard and wim will be training the partner centre staff.

Goes without saying really because i'm not going to associate with any old crap, point is a national company recognizes they are missing the knowledge and for once seek help to come up to wim code.

Fair play Tony, nice one.

Do you offer any training to independant people? As I've said before, Im a lecturer at a motor vehicle college and would love to spend a day at your premises and pick your brains!! If so, how much would you charge for something like that?

Do you offer any training to independant people? As I've said before, Im a lecturer at a motor vehicle college and would love to spend a day at your premises and pick your brains!! If so, how much would you charge for something like that?

At the Lecturer level i charge nothing because i'm keen to educate this sorry area, reads odd in a business sense but that's how i feel.

Excellent stuff, thanks to WIM maybe someday there won't be any of this 4 wheel alignment nonsense ripping people off :P

And good on you for the free lecturer training - need more people like you around with a clearly fully functioning moral compass :lol:

maybe someday there won't be any of this 4 wheel alignment nonsense ripping people off :P

4 wheel alignment

4 wheel laser alignment

4 wheel laser tracking

I have heard several different terms...lets hope WIM can change the industry standard to Geometry :lol:

No wonder the pubic are so confused, let alone the fitters who "think" they are doing a top notch job not realizing there's life beyond the lazer.

It also amazes me how many people refer to the toe angle as the tracking angle...not realising there is also camber, castor etc.

At the Lecturer level i charge nothing because i'm keen to educate this sorry area, reads odd in a business sense but that's how i feel.

Tony, so refreshing to see and read such a statement. If only more businessmen could see beyond the immediate cash benefits of any decision. I believe you should 'wobble your head' as much as you like. :P

HighlandPete

Are you sure Tony?? I'm sure the academy I teach at won't mind paying you for giving up your time! We are based in Bristol so we would like to spend a bit of time with you, and if its ok with you I'm sure a few of the other lecturers here would like to learn from you. We teach apprentices to level 3 covering toe, camber, caster and KPI/SAI and it would be nice just to improve on our knowledge and update it.

Are you sure Tony?? I'm sure the academy I teach at won't mind paying you for giving up your time! We are based in Bristol so we would like to spend a bit of time with you, and if its ok with you I'm sure a few of the other lecturers here would like to learn from you. We teach apprentices to level 3 covering toe, camber, caster and KPI/SAI and it would be nice just to improve on our knowledge and update it.

If we are going to seriously train lecturers and students then there will be a fee due to the time and papers involved. I would need to see the papers for level 1/ 2/ and 3 so i have an idea where the students stand, i'm sure you know i could either bore them stupid or blind them with science, it's a learning curve.

We dont necessarily want an official course with tests etc, just a bit of a refreshment on the subject really. We all have a fairly good understanding on the subject but I certainly would like to improve my knowledge and go a bit more in-depth. Also, it would just be lecturers, no students.

I could also bring along the scheme of work and cirriculum we have to follow if needed.

We dont necessarily want an official course with tests etc, just a bit of a refreshment on the subject really. We all have a fairly good understanding on the subject but I certainly would like to improve my knowledge and go a bit more in-depth. Also, it would just be lecturers, no students.

I understand... Students just get in the way anyway. I'm up for this Paul, it will be an enlightening meet bringing our vision of the "geometry" to the four front.

I understand... Students just get in the way anyway. I'm up for this Paul, it will be an enlightening meet bringing our vision of the "geometry" to the four front.

Not only that, we would not expect you to put up with students who may not appreciate your knowledge, where as we will and then pass that knowledge onto them.

This will not be happening until the summer when we get a few weeks without students (around July/Aug time)

Thanks again Tony

• 2 months later...

More training today with two top techs from different centres and the groups training instructor :)

I break the training down to two, two hour sessions since this is about as long any human can absorb new information. Needless to say by the end of the day jaws had dropped including the instructors because i have opened a totally new perspective of chassis dynamics.

The most impacting element is recognizing the OEM data is not the law...... It's a suggestion, realizing this one statement changes their whole impression of geometry calibration, the geometry window has been opened.

Nevertheless it is a complicated topic and our partner centres are making great efforts to embrace this next step.