Mercedes SLK AMG 55

Tony

How uncanny, while correcting a pulling problem on a SLK AMG 55 another owner called me with the same complaint. During the conversation the owner reviled off the entire sorry affair about the dealership trying to stop the pull to the left. Apparently they have had the car for many weeks attempting to dissolve the problem.

On the phone i explained the problem and exactly how we resolve it with the owner listening attentively to how and why, in fact the AMG we had on the Geo was resolved of it pull during the time i was on the phone ;)

I noted the owner has now joined wim and i suspect Mercedes UK will be involved in this thread anytime soon..... So let the challenge begin, can we cure this complaint in one hour where Mercedes UK have failed in weeks and weeks....... I'm confident :unsure:

Have you tried contacting MBUK to offer your services? It could be a worthwhile collaboration to both parties :crying_anim:

No, they need to come to us?...... Why would i go to them and explain a problem they already have? It's better if they come to us to solve the problem they have.

I wonder if this new WIM customer will be getting a full refund from Mercedes GB, for all the work he has had completed thus far

in an attempt to cure the issue ? Oh it brings back memories of another manufacturer dealing with an issue........

but hopefully Mercedes will be more honest and deal with the issue head on ?

This particular owner has the attention of MB UK and we will be the final link with his complaint. Fact is we're not concerned why the problem exists only the fact the complaint can be cured, seemingly MB UK feel the pull is a characteristic of the car -V- the UK roads, this is utter bollox...... Time and time again i prove the pull is curable so this one once cured will be another finger up MB UK's nose.......... bring it on.

No, they need to come to us?...... Why would i go to them and explain a problem they already have? It's better if they come to us to solve the problem they have.

Yeah I get that, but I meant it could be quite a profitable venture - they may contract you to go out and train all the dealerships which could be worth a lot :)

Yeah I get that, but I meant it could be quite a profitable venture - they may contract you to go out and train all the dealerships which could be worth a lot :)

I'd rather deal with the cars they can't cure, training needs loads of aftercare and this eats into my time.

The car was in today....... The owner was told all four adjuster bolts were fitted, in fact this was not the case only two had been fitted and both of them had not been fitted correctly :rolleyes:

post-2-1267127643.jpg

The front chassis positions where totally symmetrical which is no good for a Merc on UK roads, so i correctly fitted the adjuster bolts and generated a geometric stagger...... 90 min later the owner test drove the car..... Problem cured :smile_anim:

I don't know what to say regarding this one since the Dealer and MB UK where heavily involved and after having the car for three weeks unable to solve the pull i did so in 90 min. It would appear they don't understand what the numbers on the screen represent or how to install their own corrective bolts :lmaosmiley:

I knew you would sort this Tony, I hope the customer gets a huge engraved apology from Mercedes GB, and a refund of any

costs involved. It would also be nice for Mercedes to give the customer something like a free service or such like as a goodwill

gesture. I would also be nice for Mercedes GB to contact Tony, and thank him for the knowledge he has, that the collective

MB Technicians obviously do not......