Ford mondeo allignment

mac

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The strut top mount can be fitted with a spherical camber/ castor optimizer, which is totally pants as a solution in my opinion.

yeah the confirms what i have been told also. so where would you go from the report i posted this morning. Everything within spec but maybe the tolerances are too wide.

Getting a diff set of wheels on soon hopefully to test that theory

The strut top mount can be fitted with a spherical camber/ castor optimizer, which is totally pants as a solution in my opinion.

yeah the confirms what i have been told also. so where would you go from the report i posted this morning. Everything within spec but maybe the tolerances are too wide.

Getting a diff set of wheels on soon hopefully to test that theory

Thanks for help

Given the chance i would fit the adjusters in order to correct your castor disparity, it won't be an easy fix since the adjusters optimize but nevertheless it's a solution.

Few questions tony.

1. So you deem the caster to be more of problem than the disparity in the camber?

2. Would you normally advise fitting the adjuster if i wasnt experiencing the conditions that i am?

3. Do you think that the solution to this problem lies in the caster/camber?

4. finally, whats the typical success rate after fitting these adjusters?

The camber/ castor adjusters are your only chance, my only concern is that they optimize both angles, taking from one and giving to the other.

ok fair enough.

I went through all my old geo reports last night and the values for caster and camber were always around the same.

I also have a geo from before the impact with pothole and these values are also similar and the car drove fine then.

Can you offer any explanation as to why moving the subframe improved the handling if the problem lies in both cambe/caster?

The reason i don't like them is because you cannot adjust the angles independently...... To my knowledge there is no other option.

ok so you dont think moving the subframe again to see if it makes a difference is a good idea?

You forgot the adjustor likes to snap off as well Tony!! :D

did you have the adjustors on your previous mondeo ER? Not a good outcome i take it?

I had them on the car I've got now and will never get them again - Look Here :lol:

You forgot the adjustor likes to snap off as well Tony!! :D

did you have the adjustors on your previous mondeo ER? Not a good outcome i take it?

I had them on the car I've got now and will never get them again - Look Here :lol:

well that read has put me right off those. Thanks ER

I thought it might, I wouldn't waste money on them as it'll bring nothing but more aggro!

Yeah thats what my mechanic said, he just couldnt recommend them having seen them in action.

Guess its back to the drawing board.

Tony may be away for several days, I know they are short staffed at WIM Central, (holidays and illness,) at the moment.

It may be a little while before anyone responds to your request.

h

hi tony

Had the opportunity to drive quite a few other cars today. One of them had a known drift to the right (didnt feel any resistance when steering or having to counter anything, just when the wheel was released, car would drift to the right). Good chance to differentiate between a drift and a pull.

It was also stable over rough ground, not looking to dive away like mine.

Heads a bit clearer now regarding the big picture.

Would seem i have 2 main problems realting to sterring

1. pull to the left, car wants to go left immediately after releasing steering wheel. Steering wheel also drops to the left.

2. Car requires constant correction over rough ground and is directed by bumps

At a loss with this still as had suspension and steering components checked again and all deemed good.

Any thoughts , im still at square one really even with lots of new parts

• 3 weeks later...

hi tony

Its been a while since i annoyed you.

Little bit more information.

This picture (http://img122.imageshack.us/i/frontright2uh.jpg/) isnt my tyre by it is almost exactly what my front right looks like even down to the measurements. i would even go so far as to say mine is a little more worn on the inside shoulder. almost 22k miles on the fronts now.

From the last geo report my front camber is as follows: LH -1 22' RH -1 20', which says that the front left has slightly deeper negative camber.

However, and this is the key part. when the car is parked on any flat surface, it is obvious visually that the RH front has more negative camber than the left. its in more at the top and out more at the bottom. Why does the geo reading disagree with visual inspection (and its not my sight, its very obvious to a lot of people)? surely as both sides read close to the same value, they should look the same?

Am just about to get new tyres and probably new wheels as my badly need a refurb and require constant air pressure checks and topping up. I dont want to get new tyres just to have the inside shoulder wear away again quickly.

Also what do you make of these? http://www.performancealloys.com/chamber-a...ment-bolts.aspx

cheers as always tony

hi tony

Its been a while since i annoyed you.

Little bit more information.

This picture (http://img122.imageshack.us/i/frontright2uh.jpg/) isnt my tyre by it is almost exactly what my front right looks like even down to the measurements. i would even go so far as to say mine is a little more worn on the inside shoulder. almost 22k miles on the fronts now.

From the last geo report my front camber is as follows: LH -1 22' RH -1 20', which says that the front left has slightly deeper negative camber.

However, and this is the key part. when the car is parked on any flat surface, it is obvious visually that the RH front has more negative camber than the left. its in more at the top and out more at the bottom. Why does the geo reading disagree with visual inspection (and its not my sight, its very obvious to a lot of people)? surely as both sides read close to the same value, they should look the same?

Am just about to get new tyres and probably new wheels as my badly need a refurb and require constant air pressure checks and topping up. I dont want to get new tyres just to have the inside shoulder wear away again quickly.

Also what do you make of these? http://www.performancealloys.com/chamber-a...ment-bolts.aspx

cheers as always tony

The wing probably isn't straight whichs why it looks different, regardless a visual inspction doesn't rally mean anything. Also those camber bol don't apply to Mondeos due to the way the strut mates up wth the hub.

The wing probably isn't straight whichs why it looks different, regardless a visual inspction doesn't rally mean anything. Also those camber bol don't apply to Mondeos due to the way the strut mates up wth the hub.

yeah i didnt think they did. and the other option with the adjusters at teh top of the strut is a poor solution at best.