I just bought some new coilovers, and they're inverted :D

jon

And if I'm honest, I can't wait to fit them. My current Tien HA's have served me well, but one of them has been blown for a long time.

Being inverted they reduce unsprung weight and quite frankly, look cool :smile_anim:

Will be seeing you soon Tony.

This is what I ended up with: http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/rm-series-coilovers.asp

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had some Apex coilovers on my old 200sx which i am certain were manufactured by BC. Was very impressed with the build quality on them and the damping adjustment was fairly notciable. The only think i would say is the top mounts were perhaps a bit noisy (particularly when cold in winter)... i don't know if this will be an issue for yours but perhaps it might be a good idea to give them a once over before/after they are on the car and make sure they are not too loose :D

I'd make sure you whack some copper slip on the threads around the locking collars as well :smile_anim:

Steve

Yes they're for the MR2 :) The car won't look any different but the handling will certainly be improved upon no end once Tony has had his 5 minutes with it!

Not the car mate, I'm sure we will all appreciate photos of your new suspension though :)

Depending on the day you go I may pop over as well :)

They look the part jon...... not convinced about the unsprung weight claim though, inverted or not they still weight the same :)

Hehe a bit tired Tony? :)

The over all weight is the same but the sprung vs unsprung weight ratio changes as the damper and all the heavy oil are attached to the body not the wheel hub assembly which lowers the unsprung weight. This means the wheel can track faster across bumps because there's less weight to move.

To everyone else, Tony will obviously be deciding the date but it will likely be an early Saturday morning. Everyone's welcome. Tony, over to you :)

They look the part jon...... not convinced about the unsprung weight claim though, inverted or not they still weight the same :)

The over all weight is the same but the sprung vs unsprung weight ratio changes as the damper and all the heavy oil are attached to the body not the wheel hub assembly which lowers the unsprung weight. This means the wheel can track faster across bumps because there's less weight to move.

To everyone else, Tony will obviously be deciding the date but it will likely be an early Saturday morning. Everyone's welcome. Tony, over to you :lol:

Think i need more sleep :) ...... Got you booked for 31st@ 9am :lol:

To everyone else, Tony will obviously be deciding the date but it will likely be an early Saturday morning. Everyone's welcome. Tony, over to you :lol:

Think i need more sleep :) ...... Got you booked for 31st@ 9am :lol:

Got my trackday then so wont make it - thats cool though - another time ! :lol:

Thanks Tony, excited about the 31st :thumbsup_anim: I went to use the mr2 over the weekend and found a puddle of coolant on the driveway. Apparently when I had the coolant changed last month the bleed nipple wasn't done up tight enough. I've put 3 litres of coolant in so far!!

Anyone else that wants to come along to say hello it would be good to put some faces to names.

Anyone else that wants to come along to say hello it would be good to put some faces to names.

Bit early for a Saturday but I will try and get out of bed! :thumbsup_anim:

Wonder what i can brake off your car this time :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like the start of a story? :smile_anim:

Yeah they are good adjusters, much better than an EZ cam...... The only ones to watch out for are the drift coilovers, reason being the camber starts way low and normally runs out of adjustment before any thing decent for the road is concerned.

They look awesome mate, could do with something like that on mine <_<

Indeed you could :huh:

Get Gaz to make some for me :( I think they actually make the only coilovers for the mondeo anyway.

Height isn't the problem, it's the consequence that needs resolving and this has nothing to do with GAZ.