I just bought some new coilovers, and they're inverted :D

jon

The MR2 is so light at the front you cannot depend on the KPI/ SAI to maintain straight line stability, when the front camber is lowered toward negative the KPI/SAI becomes even more redundant so having the castor adjustable compensates massively.

Front toe is displayed in minutes and if you can cope with the twitchy feel at speed then front toe out works best, toe in at the rear to encourage progressive oversteer.

I was just curious as, looking at the OEM targets posted by Jon, it looks like that's exactly what Toyota were attempting ie; low castor and high kpi.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Longer by about 10mm methinks :D

longer? Don't you mean shorter? They fix in front of the hub.

Yep, shorter....... who said longer :o

No one called Tony, that's for sure!

One side came off fine, but the NSF just won't budge now the 2 bolts are undone that hold the tension arm to the main arm.

I've tried jacking it up off the bolts, hitting it with a hammer, screaming at it and it just won't budge.

Does anyone have any recommendations other than removing the main arm? I can't really be bothered with removing all that. I might try shouting at it some more...

Right, got them fitted. You have to remove the main arm where it meets the body, then the stuck side I shouted at it a bit more then used a massive hammer.

Car feels a little better already Tony, not quite right yet. Will have to sneak it over to you sometime. Hopefully the castor will be fairly quick to do!

Right, got them fitted. You have to remove the main arm where it meets the body, then the stuck side I shouted at it a bit more then used a massive hammer.

Car feels a little better already Tony, not quite right yet. Will have to sneak it over to you sometime. Hopefully the castor will be fairly quick to do!

Yeah it is...... 30 min, tops.

Ok, I've put it in for the 12th. Still happy to get there early and rush it through so you can have a car on the ramps for 9...

PS Are you sure you know how to do MX5s? :smile_anim:

No it's fine for 9... booked!.... As for the 5's, it's a learning curve.