Few pic's from Donington Park drifting..

There's a few familiar cars there... Looks like the "Drifty" IS300 was out of action, which is a shame, but Team Green and GarageD seem to have saturated the field whatever...... Nice pic mate, very nice indeed :)

Not sure if it had a run earlier in the day but must say it did look a bit sorry for itself,

Was a great day out though and a great variety of racing all in the one day :wub:

Drifty is missing mat this year..... we all know how temperamental cars can be :)

Not sure if it had a run earlier in the day but must say it did look a bit sorry for itself,

Was a great day out though and a great variety of racing all in the one day :wub:

Drifty is missing mat this year..... we all know how temperamental cars can be :)

was hoping to see it run but think i missed it as they did run most of the cars earlier on in the day? good to see it again though :o

few more..

DSCF4390.jpg

DSCF4398.jpg

DSCF4647_edited.jpg

DSCF4395.jpg

DSCF4410.jpg

DSCF4409.jpg

Shane Lynch (Boyzone) had a bit of a problem in one of the races, looked like his front track rod gave way but still drove the car off the track :o

DSCF4688_edited.jpg

Also saw this but not sure if it ran or not??

DSCF4387.jpg

Seemed like a gt day out with some cool pics. I see 36 was in its usual position :)

and what position is that then....

great pics Chris, i didnt know Jon was going up untill i saw these..

he ran the car in the morning, by all accounts,

great pics Chris, i didnt know Jon was going up untill i saw these..

he ran the car in the morning, by all accounts,

Was good to see it again mate, shame i never saw it do the track as it would of been good to see it do its thing :D

Looks like it could do with some of your tlc mate, but great to see it taking part :o

Hopefully doing a drift learning day in my skyline soon to see how i get on, great dayout though with some great driving :lol:

Parked up either in front of an open/closed garage or on a trailer or being trailered :thumbsup_anim:

Is that event on every year Chris?

thats several positions....which open/closed garage pics are they, not any ive seen, or recall

and i seem to recall pics of it on track on the forum posted by tony, maybe you havnt seen them

Is that event on every year Chris?

Think its the 1st time i've seen it at Donny park mate with the drifting, but they usually hold a big truck extravaganza near bonfire night as one of the last races of the season, usually have a lot of different types of racing going on plus fireworks and other things through the day, but looks like that one might be at Brands Hatch this year :)

Donny is quite local to me so do go there quite often, And even been round the track a few times now B)

These are the next dates for the truck racing with the circuits

15 Aug 2009 - Thruxton

16 Aug 2009 - Thruxton

17 Oct 2009 - Pembrey

18 Oct 2009 - Pembrey

31 Oct 2009 - Brands Hatch

01 Nov 2009 - Brands Hatch

This looks like a good one that i'll probably go to..

from the Castle Donington website..

Masters Historic Racing

Starts August 23rd

Ends August 23rd

9:00am - 5:00pm Daily (Times may vary)

Tickets £12

Children under 16 years old are free of charge. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult

With this being the last season of racing on Donington's present track layout, prior to the new circuit layout for the 2010 British Grand Prix, there has been quite some demand from Masters' members for another chance to race sports, saloons and GT cars on the much-loved existing track. Given our persistent support in making our May Classic meeting happen, we have been rewarded with this rare ‘noisy' addition to the calendar.

So Masters are now arranging a busy one day programme; with morning qualifying sessions, followed by an afternoon of classic action for our big World Sports cars, for the Gentleman Drivers GT grid and also for the Pre-66 Saloons, all organised and managed by Masters Racing Club under our own permit application.

The day will also include an experimental race, the "Interserie Revival" for the types of cars which raced in that early 1970s series, alongside other slick-tyred sports prototypes of 2 and 3 litres. Masters regular racer and well-known ‘big car preparer', Richard Dodkins has been invited to put together a complete class of the Interserie/CanAm type of cars, for this special one-off invitation race

The World Sportscars have been strong throughout 2009 and we look forward to another epic battle over the 40-minute race - 2 drivers allowed!

The Saloon cars will be divided into 2 separate 45 minute races each, combining first the Under 2 litre Pre-66 Top Hat cars with the Oldies but Goldies for one race; and then the Over 2 litre Pre-66 cars with other invited Group 1 saloons, to form the second saloon race

The Gentlemen Drivers will all enjoy a 90 minute race, to the full 2009 regulations. In this race, the Sports Endurance 1950s prototypes will be welcome as usual to compete in their Lotus and Lolas, against the mighty Cobras and E Types, after their one-off Silverstone separation.

:)

i think the drifting will be there again, the 3 series run in the Uk, now attach themselves to various events, only BDC runs some tracks on its own

Think the guys driving quite liked Donington due to the amount of space they had to play with, will go again if there up there again :)