Interesting argument coming.....

Owner of a late Corsa has been in dispute over the handling for the last year or so, according to the dealers the car handles fine but they agree there is "abnormality" consisting of an intermittent unexplained pulling left or right.

In the end the car was sent back to Germany to have the Geometry factory calibrated, on it's return the owner still complains the car has a random tendency to pull.

Tomorrow we have the car.... should be interesting?

The car was called back in by the dealer for a "final" inspection rather than us look at it... seemingly the promise is if they cannot find the cause they will replace the car.

Sounds like they do not want you looking at it. Afraid of what you may find perhaps?? :blink:

Trumpet blowing aside if the problem was the chassis we would find it.... I'm a bit gutted really because i wanted to see what they had missed.

That's a shame, would've been interesting...

The car was called back in by the dealer for a "final" inspection rather than us look at it... seemingly the promise is if they cannot find the cause they will replace the car.

Perhaps they knew something was wrong all along then but were trying to pass it off.........hope the owner gets a decent outcome.

I would really like to know what the cause is!

I cannot think of anything intermittant that would cause pulling to either side. Both sides possibly, but not one or the other.

Does the ABS work diagonally or is it each side independant of the other?

h

I would really like to know what the cause is!

I cannot think of anything intermittant that would cause pulling to either side. Both sides possibly, but not one or the other.

h

Not sure on these....... Independent i would have thought?

Not sure on these....... Independent i would have thought?

I thought ABS was just an "on-off" type system, same as pumping the brake pedal. It's only electronic brake distribution that actually alters brake bias and brakes wheels individually........ :blink:

I heard about a new Corsa that had similar problems, basically the steering rack was stigg and Vauxhall reckoned it needed running in. Not suprisingly the owner refused so they suggested fitting a non-standard low friction steering rack at Vauxhall cost.

I heard about a new Corsa that had similar problems, basically the steering rack was stigg and Vauxhall reckoned it needed running in. Not suprisingly the owner refused so they suggested fitting a non-standard low friction steering rack at Vauxhall cost.

Interesting :unsure: