Finally a good thing to say about RFT's

Tony

That is impressive, from the safety perspective there really is nothing bad to say about runflats, they are brilliant.

Reluctantly i have to agree...... But in my heart i still hate them :smile_anim:

Very impresive..... :) .BUT wait until the pencil pushing euro buro BEEP start poking there noses in...ALL cars will have run flat tyres in the end ( being safe "n" all ) :smile_anim:

Also its now going to be illegal to have semi track day tyres on cars driven on public roads.... I.E like TOYO R888..Dunlop Direzza.etc... :) all tyres will have to display rating figures for...

Rolling resistance...(fuel efficiency)

external noise...

and wet grip....

what a load of old BEEP.....Like anyone is going to go to a tyre fitters and ask all these things....

So kiss good bye to haveing fun with your cars.... :o .. ;) All because of the PC brigade............. :crying_anim:

Very impresive..... :) .BUT wait until the pencil pushing euro buro BEEP start poking there noses in...ALL cars will have run flat tyres in the end ( being safe "n" all ) :smile_anim:

Also its now going to be illegal to have semi track day tyres on cars driven on public roads.... I.E like TOYO R888..Dunlop Direzza.etc... :) all tyres will have to display rating figures for...

Rolling resistance...(fuel efficiency)

external noise...

and wet grip....

what a load of old BEEP.....Like anyone is going to go to a tyre fitters and ask all these things....

So kiss good bye to haveing fun with your cars.... :o .. ;) All because of the PC brigade............. :crying_anim:

I heard about this today as well..... Bye bye R888 and Mich club....

If my tyre went like that I think I would prefer it to go down than stay like that and me carry on driving :blink:

I wouldn't to be honest, a blow out could have you off the road at speed, on runflats you can happily drive on them in pretty much 100% safety.........

I heard about this today as well..... Bye bye R888 and Mich club....

I don't know a lot about these track day tyres, but aren't they really unsafe in the wet? Having said that though, I'd rather see half the old bangers off the road before they start stopping things like this which probably barely ever cause a single accident.

The "club day" tyres aren't overly happy when cold or wet...... Still neither am i :D

Lol, and the rest of us too :blink:

I can't imagine they cause that many crashes though, especially compared to all those people that have tyres that really should have been replaced a long while ago........

• 2 weeks later...
No pictures but we had a 3-series foldy-roof coupe last week with a puncture. The rim had cracked in 3 seperate places!

:lol:

They need to add another ton of strength to those rims, it would match their weight then :o