What have i taken on!

Blimey what can i say - my first thoughts are that its a bit of a lashup, but fair play for daring to be different - are you enjoying the challenge or will you be relieved its been done ?

Isn't the rear track out of proportion to the rear of the car and will compromise the handling by default ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blimey what can i say - my first thoughts are that its a bit of a lashup, but fair play for daring to be different - are you enjoying the challenge or will you be relieved its been done ?

Isn't the rear track out of proportion to the rear of the car and will compromise the handling by default ?

I'm enjoying the challenge but it's the nature of the job since most cars setups are unique.

In an ideal world the front track should be wider but i can tune this disparity with wheel off-sets and the calibration.

• 2 weeks later...

She's gone :( .... Got back to the centre today after my weeks hol and she had done...... not even a leaving picture to remember her by, now she's fully dressed what with new rims and all.........

She's gone :( .... Got back to the centre today after my weeks hol and she had done...... not even a leaving picture to remember her by, now she's fully dressed what with new rims and all.........

You should leave a camera in the centre for the lads to use :)

I'm sure he will be back at some point though ;)

It's coming back :o .... Seemingly she turns in to fast :huh:

The geo needs tweeking then or something else?

Not the Geo.... It's going to be rack ratio or maybe the Ackermann, reason being the cars not loose.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting project - some real plus points and negative points.

The Midget was a much better handling car than the MGB, not that there is anything left of the Midget Chassis! Not sure I would want such a short wheel base with that much power.....

The overall finish of the car as a home-brew looks pretty good, but some of the welding and quality / consideration of component construction looks woeful. A real Jeckyl and Hyde.

Personally I would have stuck the M3 lump in a Westfield / Caterham / Lotus chassis - but then it would just be another 7 style hybrid.