post-2-1241118827.jpg

Simply remove the upper wishbone and press-out the existing joint

post-2-1241118883.jpg

Bolt in the new adjuster

post-2-1241118991.jpg

Reinstall the wishbone

post-2-1241119060.jpg

The adjust to your hearts content........ Simples :(

Will these be of benefit to a standard car?

Not as yet... Tango's car is lowered and suffered some road trauma, hence the need for the correctors..... In time though as the stock owners coils sag i think they will have issues.

They look good, could something like that be used to adjust the castor on mine?

Sadly no..... reason being the upright is not off-centre, meaning the adjustment is "transverse" rather than longitudinal.

I assume the stud length on the adjusters prevented the refitting of the original washers? Hope that's going to be OK. :huh:

The car drove a lot better on the way home, especially on the twisty bits. I got the impression it was slightly more tail happy, but soon realised it was just feeling more precise on the front end as the previous trace of understeer has disappeared completlely. I'll have to give it a good try out next time I'm at the airfield :huh: .

The original pin was an M10 nut with a fixed washer

post-2-1241281231.jpg

Whereas the new adjuster has a M8 nut, although the tapper into the upright is the same....

Now these are installed we can play with the handling but i think as you say you need to get a feel of the car.

When I eventually got on some twisty bits when driving home yesterday it had been raining, so I was a lttle restrained, but I had a play today in the dry and the handling now can only be described as 'superb' :huh:

Sadly no..... reason being the upright is not off-centre, meaning the adjustment is "transverse" rather than longitudinal.

What about the camber then? Someone on meg was asking whether it could be done this way instead of using the top mounts.

What about the camber then? Someone on meg was asking whether it could be done this way instead of using the top mounts.

No it won't work.... The attachment points are totally different.

Wonder if they could fit other cars. I noticed the 350Z looked similar yesterday. Is there a specific term for this set-up btw ?

Off-set spherical ball joints is the only terminology i know of.

Wonder if they could fit other cars. I noticed the 350Z looked similar yesterday. Is there a specific term for this set-up btw ?

looks like the is200 and GS upper wishbones could be modified to fit these, id be interested to see if these fit my GS300

looks like the is200 and GS upper wishbones could be modified to fit these, id be interested to see if these fit my GS300

We fitted a set on a 200 and they did look the same.