Horror of the week 10/04/09

Tony

This Mercedes has had the front wishbones replaced, the car actually came to us yesterday but i was to busy to set the chassis so it was back in today....

To my knowledge when fitting wishbones it's generally a rule you actually do up the anchor bolts!!

post-2-1239371644.jpg

post-2-1239371661.jpg

post-2-1239371680.jpg

Seemingly not!!

Can't see the pics that well on me mobile but looks like they've put the bolts in and not done them up! :(

Correct... one had the nut hanging on the end of the thread and the other bolt wasn't even all the way home let alone done up!!

Can't see the pics that well on me mobile but looks like they've put the bolts in and not done them up! :(

Correct... one had the nut hanging on the end of the thread and the other bolt wasn't even all the way home let alone done up!!

That's shocking...it's not something you could easily forget to do!

Makes you wonder how many accidents/deaths on the roads are caused by mechanics forgetting to do bolts up! :(

Can't see the pics that well on me mobile but looks like they've put the bolts in and not done them up! :o

That's shocking...it's not something you could easily forget to do!

Makes you wonder how many accidents/deaths on the roads are caused by mechanics forgetting to do bolts up! :(

wim's SOP's are absolute law, when i finish a calibration another member of staff checks my work, if something goes wrong when the cars gone the person who qc'd the car is responsible not who calibrated it. In other words if i mess up and you don't spot it your sacked.

It seems a harsh approach but it does mean the qc is done seriously :(