Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Tony

They have a very distinctive tread pattern, am unsure how the reversal on the other side would affect a cars stability?

BTW Tony the Falken FK-452's you fitted to the front of my Lexus are awesome, very grippy :D

What tyres did these replace and how many miles did you get out of them? Be interesting to see what mileage you get out of these.

Cant remember the make, they were cheap ones that were on the car when I brought it. They were roughly 50% worn when I got the car and I have done 10k miles since.

What tyres did these replace and how many miles did you get out of them? Be interesting to see what mileage you get out of these.

Cant remember the make, they were cheap ones that were on the car when I brought it. They were roughly 50% worn when I got the car and I have done 10k miles since.

So if they were cheap probably a hard compound? 10k miles from 50% worn is very good though, my toyo's did 8K miles and the 452's I now have look to be wearing just as quick, only on the front though! :angry2:

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Following on from this thread:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=4185

and the issues I appear to be having with my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics the concencious seems to be that the Goodyears are not good for heavy cars (my BMW Diesel weighs 1615Kg).

I had the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres on my Toyota Aristo (Supra engined 400bhp saloon) in 18" and they were great. Hardly ever broke traction and the steering felt good.

If I have to change tyres I am considering the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for my BMW diesel too since they worked well on the Aristo and thats an even heavier car then the BMW.

Any futher feedback on these tyres?

I did previously have Falken FK-452 on both the BMW and the Aristo and they were very good tyres but I am slightly apprehensive about going back to the Falkens because

1. The Rim Protector is virtually not existant

2. When they worn down to 4mm and below the performance dropped off big style.

Saying that however I know they work well on the BMW............. :o

Funny what you say about the 452's loosing performance as they wear...mine are starting to do the same especially in the wet! Never had this with the Toyos though.

Yeah - I was wheelspinning alot in the wet with the FK452's mate, the drop in performance and the fact that the rim protector is virtually not existant is what puts me off the FK-452 but I might still go back to them.

Heard the Vredesteins affect fuel economy alot?

Make your mind up Anees, I was going to buy some FK-452's this weekend for the back of my IS200....

What should I get ? :)

Sorry Wozza..... I hate threads where you get too many mixed opinions its hard to choose!! (I know I am guilty of doing it now!!)

I'd say that if you are happy with the Falkens (as you seemed to be) then you may as well stick to what you know - at least you know they work well on your car unlike me and my Goodyears :angry2:

Maybe blackboots can start a new trend...try before you buy!! :angry2:

Being serious, the number of complaints you hear about cars not liking certain tyres seems to be rising. It's a shame there's no guarantee that the tyres we choose/want work with our cars without making them horrible to drive or maybe even dangerous in some cases?

Maybe blackboots can start a new trend...try before you buy!! :)

Being serious, the number of complaints you hear about cars not liking certain tyres seems to be rising. It's a shame there's no guarantee that the tyres we choose/want work with our cars without making them horrible to drive or maybe even dangerous in some cases?

Like the try before you buy idea! :angry2:

I must say this tyre experience has really openned my eyes - normally regardless of car I'd have gone with whatever tyre has the best reviews; now I have learnt that unfortunetly its not that simple :)

I read somewhere that the Verdesteins reduce fuel economy???? Is this true??

• 2 months later...
Looks like underinflation caused the sidewall to overheat. IF you don't care for your tyres they won't care for you.

Good advice there jon...doesn't take long to check the pressures and a few extra minutes to pump them up if needed. Same goes for checking the tyres condition, turning the wheels from lock to lock and checking for bulges/cracks.