Tyres

Tony

mainly price for me....example. Needed a 17" and was lookin at part worns.found some proxies but thay wanted 45 plus balancing for it :angry2: so off i went to another place and got a medium range for 50 fitted balanced.3mm tread on part worn to !

I like to have decent tyres like p-zero neros or toyo but the milage dont warent them and go threw a few in a year

mainly price for me....example. Needed a 17" and was lookin at part worns.found some proxies but thay wanted 45 plus balancing for it :angry2: so off i went to another place and got a medium range for 50 fitted balanced.3mm tread on part worn to !

I like to have decent tyres like p-zero neros or toyo but the milage dont warent them and go threw a few in a year

Best value premium tyre for me, depending on whats available locally as getting them online is fine but finding accommodating fitters afterwards is a pain ...

previous sets, toyo t1-r (4), Goodyear f1(4), bridgestone re050(4), Goodyear f1(2)

least impressed with the Toyo, most with the bridgestone :angry2:

Performance & Safety, so guess it's 'recommendation' on your list. In saying that it's quite difficult to pick from the recommendations so readily available. I've gone through many many tyres over the years, but they've been on totally different cars so what suits one is not necessarily the optimum tyre for another.

One factor that's usually true from my experience is the softer the compound, the better the grip, but you pay for it in tyre wear. The only tyre that has shaken my belief in that is the brand on my IS250 at the moment, and I chose that brand for (1)grip in the wet and (2) for a quieter ride than the original Bridgestones. It's a softer compound than most but as you know the wear is more than acceptable :angry2:

I would say ...

1. Recomendation not only in BRAND but from other peoples experience ( As long as they are fitted to a Lexus is200 like mine ) as Tango says a tyre that is on one car is not always the same for others...

2.. I would say to try and stick as close to OEM as possible...

3. Price....we all are a bit more aware of price`s these days with the credit crunch....BUT i personally would always pay a bit more for better tyres as these are the only things that keep you on the road and we use them day in day out....

Just my point of view.. :angry2: