Horror of the week 01/10/08

Tony

BMW was in for a rear puncture and seemingly the owner wasn't aware of this barnacle on the front tyre

post-2-1222889224.jpg

post-2-1222889253.jpg

Surly the inertia would have been felt?..... and it was a matter of time before this growth hit the suspension and blew out.

The owners attitude was "oh, right.... suppose i should change that".... :angry:

:) That is ONE serious hernia of the tyre wall....how do you NOT feel that through the steering and driving about... :) Geezzz that could of been fatal if they had a blow out on the motorway.! :angry:

Few feel the need to inspect the tyres without evidence there is a problem.

True but it wouldn't take a minute, could even do it when the pressures are checked. Better to be safe than sorry... :D

True but it wouldn't take a minute, could even do it when the pressures are checked. Better to be safe than sorry... :D

Or in my case, get paranoid with every noise and rattle and can't find anything wrong .... ;)

Or in my case, get paranoid with every noise and rattle and can't find anything wrong .... :)

Well at least you make an attempt to investigate...... Trouble with noises is it takes the cars weight to trigger them..... Jack it up then there's no chance of finding the noise until the wear is advanced :)