Polished the mondeo now

Rich

I won't bore you with the ins and outs of what I did but here's some photos of what I've done so far, still abit of work to do with the deeper scratches. If you remember when it was keyed I reduced it's appearance alot, along with the other scratches and swirls/holograms that made the car look crap in the sun. Excuse the mud splashes it rained on the way to WIM yesterday and going down the lanes did't help! :)

Thanks to magic919 for the advice on removing/reducing the deeper scratches as well, cheers mate :)

Click here to see a shiny mondy!

The car was positively gleaming on the day ER. We watched the beaded bonnet gently steaming in the sunshine. It's a credit to you.

Thanks I was chuffed with how it was looking once the sun appeared. Had a look at the paint tonight at work under the flood lights and there's very light small swirls left which I'm certain FF will remove :)

Bet you were proper ko'd after ten hours of cleaning it :lol:

Errr, could say me back was hurting abit but it's a small price to pay for having a clean motor...to my standard anyway! ;)

It's amazing what a days machine polishing can do...I can't wait to get me hands on a faded red car though! :lol:

Daz..polishes I used Menzerna and Poorboys...gonna try and get some samples of the Megs polishes to see what they're like though. Other Megs stuff I use currently are - Last Touch, All Purpose Cleaner, Gold Shampoo and Tyre Gel.

ER. I have some Megs 80 and 83 if you want to try some. Got some 3M Fast Cut Plus and Ultrafina SE too.

Yes please mate wouldn't say no, I will give you some money for them. I have some samples of the 3M polishes already so ok there ;)

We'll be over to WiM on Saturday to get the Focus done, so I'll sort it out for then. Meanwhile I'll find something suitable to put them in.

I have a couple of dispenser bottles I bought for any samples I can get. What time you going to WIM and I can meet you there if you want?

Well done, most of the scratches are completely gone!!!

Was it mainly the use of the polisher that got them out?

Yes I'm really happy about that, especially the mess that was on the drivers door. They are still there but you can't see them unless you look really hard. Once I go over it again they should be gone. The polisher I used is a random orbital so mimics your hand movements but alot faster! You get different abrasive polishes and start with the one that has the least amount of cut and work your way up until you're happy that all the defects have been removed.

.I can't wait to get me hands on a faded red car though! :)

i got one of those you can get ya hands on :)

Oh yeah, forgot about your pink motor ;)

We'll be over to WiM on Saturday to get the Focus done, so I'll sort it out for then. Meanwhile I'll find something suitable to put them in.

I have a couple of dispenser bottles I bought for any samples I can get. What time you going to WIM and I can meet you there if you want?

We expect to be there by 10:00. Bring along the bottles and I'll bring the 80 and 83. I'll try to remember to bring my PTG too so you can take some readings.

We expect to be there by 10:00. Bring along the bottles and I'll bring the 80 and 83. I'll try to remember to bring my PTG too so you can take some readings.

Ok mate I'll be there...would be good to see how thick my paint is, cheers ;)