Team Green's Drift dressed and calibrated

Tony

Team Green are active in the BDC and other events.... The chassis had been set by another company, needless to say it was in a right mess...... Good news is an hour or so later we had the chassis set ready to be approved at the next race.

Anyhoo now she is dressed in our decal here are some more images.

post-2-1216927286.jpg

post-2-1216927315.jpg

post-2-1216927344.jpg

post-2-1216927367.jpg

What was it set for if its driven on the rd?

Obviously i cannot disclose the actual positions but since the car is driven on the road i have limits to what i will set the car to.

I know people will think "hang on Drift is inherently unstable"..... well yes it is but it doesn't need aggressive positions to Drift, and anyway the company who last set the chassis left one rear wheel toed out 9mm?..... I can assure everyone this is not the case now.

Looking good..any reason why this sticker is upside down on the boot lid? :(

post-2-1216927344.jpg

I did ask and the reason was something to do with how the Japanese read and write..... Right to left, bottom to top "i think".

Whatever it made you ask so you must have read the decal and that's what matters.

post-2-1216927344.jpg

I did ask and the reason was something to do with how the Japanese read and write..... Right to left, bottom to top "i think".

Whatever it made you ask so you must have read the decal and that's what matters.

i think that is brilliant

advertising at its best

IMGP5038.JPG

i think that is brilliant

advertising at its best

Makes sense :)

Wouldn't be much use as a picnic table either :( ...sorry, must be serious about driftys or I'll be subject to a bout of rock throwing...

Very subjective i think.... I made the owner a cup of tea and he placed this on the wing?...

I actually think the wing helps in generating down force between transitions, point to remember in order to drift the cars need to gather speed and since the cars have such high BHP then anything that plants the power to the track must help.

I was always under the assumption that for a wing to work effectively the speed would have to be around 130mph or more. no doubt someone will answer this. Wouldn't a rear diffuser work better as driftys dont get to those speeds between bends.

I was always under the assumption that for a wing to work effectively the speed would have to be around 130mph or more. no doubt someone will answer this. Wouldn't a rear diffuser work better as driftys dont get to those speeds between bends.

That was my point, I did a quick calc assuming a wing chord of 12" and a span of around 6 foot and with an angle of attack of say -5 degrees. Very rough calc but at 120 mph you'd get about 200 lbs of downforce and 2 or 3 lbs of drag. Doesn't sound too bad if you can maintain 120mph in a straight line, but if you're going sideways even by say 2 degrees then the wing cause increased drag and will lose most of its downforce, (especially with those end plates).

That was my point, I did a quick calc assuming a wing chord of 12" and a span of around 6 foot and with an angle of attack of say -5 degrees. Very rough calc but at 120 mph you'd get about 200 lbs of downforce and 2 or 3 lbs of drag. Doesn't sound too bad if you can maintain 120mph in a straight line, but if you're going sideways even by say 2 degrees then the wing cause increased drag and will lose most of its downforce, (especially with those end plates).

Is it possible they don't want down force on transitions anyway?.... I feel this would be an aggressive form of "lift-off-oversteer" and welcomed by the Drifter.

i am the owner and driver of this car. the purpos of drifting is to have grip, with no grip you have no control of the car, you want the car to go where you want it to go and not where it wants to go. all depends on what tracks we are on to what speeds we can get up to but the wing dose help plant the car on the track