Tyres

Gordon

On the A249 in the inside lane and on most of the car's that were behind me after a lorry had a blow out and i had to slam my brake's on to avoid it lol i left a nice big 11 down it :thumbsup_anim: oh his tyre ended up in the field to the left :D

What do you think rubber plants are fertilised with?

:thumbsup_anim: Oh dear..... thats bad even for a Thursday... :D

I've never thought about this before but really quite scary when you think about it. The heavier particles will wash into drains and runoff (or lighter when its raining) as Noel says.

On dry days it must get airbourne and into the atmosphere, people lungs and other areas. True rubber is inert so not an issue but tyres aren't made like this. Not sure what percentage is actually rubber or some hydrocarbon based allotrope. In commercial tyres and there are all sorts of heavy metals and other chemicals.

Topic got me thinking :) I "think" a vast majority of the rubber will become embedded in the road it's self, hence the black lines you see on motorways.

It's only a theory, please don't beat me up :rolleyes: