kickingriffin's 200sx

Tony

Team kickingriffin 200sx lead Drift car, set to our secret recipe :D

post-2-1208627710.jpg

post-2-1208627739.jpg

post-2-1208627788.jpg

post-2-1208627824.jpg

Lovely car and now calibrated to stage one (set-test) stage two is calibration tuning born from the owners response from the performance :)

The dyno blew it :lol: how did that happen :D

Your asking me :D .... Well as you know i'm not exactly up to date with engines but if i recall correctly the fueling or timing? was incorrectly set and it burnt holes in two pistons.

Apparently that's not good :lol:

Sound's like it may have been runnin lean then :lol: maybe wrong but simular thing happend to my GTE astra. Been chipped and cam'd but not set up properlly and devistated bottom end :lol:

after reading the blog on this car, the one thing that surprises me is the little amount of time and money that has been spent on it !

considering the end result it looks a great achievement,

mr kickingriffin seems to be a very talented engineer with no fear of doing the something different, especially as it seems this was done in a car park space

perhaps he will be kind enough to share his blog with us,

or one of the many other projects he has undertaken

bmw with a skyliner engine :lol:

hi all

the total spent to date is in the region of 9.5k inc the 2ed engine.

the 1st engine did go bang on the dyno during its mapping, basicaly the mapper never used det cans when removing fuel using a safc2 and the end result was piston 1+6 melted so after a 2hr drive home i removed the engine and brought another and removed the safc2.

im curruntly doing a big write up on the car witch if tony wants can post here.

yes also correct i did a rb25det bmw E36 years ago but never competed it due the nabours moaned so had to abandon the project and sell it in parts. :lol:

thank you guys for all your positive input :lol:

hi all

the total spent to date is in the region of 9.5k inc the 2ed engine.

the 1st engine did go bang on the dyno during its mapping, basicaly the mapper never used det cans when removing fuel using a safc2 and the end result was piston 1+6 melted so after a 2hr drive home i removed the engine and brought another and removed the safc2.

im curruntly doing a big write up on the car witch if tony wants can post here.

yes also correct i did a rb25det bmw E36 years ago but never competed it due the nabours moaned so had to abandon the project and sell it in parts. :lol:

thank you guys for all your positive input :lol:

I for one look forward to the blog :D