Ignorance...Arrogance or just plain stupid?

Tony

A car was presented at the centre today with the owner complaining of a strange noise at the front for the last month or so and a "slippery" steering feel :huh:

When the front wheels were removed this was the condition of them both......

post-2-1196181943.jpg

The owners reaction was "Oh is that why then?".....

What really angered me was the two child seats in the back :sad01_anim:

By the way this was not a wim customer

Perhaps we should have some special signs made:

"DANGER - THICK PERSON IN CHARGE OF LETHAL WEAPON"

Oh dear :sad01_anim:

Indeed...... Still the thought of the £2500 fine per tyre and three points per tyre would make people check them occasionally.

It's just a shame the severity of the law (if used) is not made aware to the public!!

Anyway excluding the wine....Indian takeaway and prenuptial romance it takes about 10min to make a human, whereas it takes 55min to assemble a car :huh:

Doesn't take a minute to turn the wheels to full lock and check the tread!!! :sad01_anim:

You'd think it would be the obvious thing to check...

I agree, It defies logic........ I would like to rub the owners face down the wire and say "this is what the kids will feel as they slide down the road". :huh:

Out of curiosity does the car belong to a man or woman and how old would you say they are?

The owner was female... (foreign) around mid to late 30's..... The car was a Zaf with English plates, child seats in the back, one had a booster pad.

Not that i noticed...... And people say i'm nosey :sad01_anim:

that is sheer savage :o suprised thay were still on the rim :huh: im so paranoid about my tyre's and there tread in case anything should go pete tong on a jorney.......or get a tug of the plod :huh:

my last set were down to 2 mm and didnt want to do much more on them.........

cant beleave thay got kid's goin in that car either :sad01_anim:

did the car have issue's do you know or is it poor design of the car ???

So when you've seen tyres in this kind of state would you say it was more women or men who fail to check them?

Could make some interesting market research... :sad01_anim:

Ready for this :huh:

Most times i see this with middle aged men who now drive the sports car they never could afford to own in the family commitment years?

A shock horror arrival into the high performance, unforgiving, high maintenance two seater...

More often than not they are very horrified at the rate of wear and indeed the severity.... Correcting the reason for the wear is most times welcomed by this sort of owner.

The young driver most times couldn't give a hoot and feels impressed...... (knob)

The female driver hounestly has no idea why we gasp.... This observation is not intended to belittle or offend women but it's the way it is most times "sorry".

On the subject of (some) women drivers :sad01_anim: , a few years ago in my uncles garage he called me over to a ladys owners windscreen.... as he laughed he pointed out that the rubbers on the wipers were long gone, so long ago that the metal tip had worn a 1-2mm gouge into the glass itself :o my uncle said he didn't know how they hadn't cracked the glass and gone in on top of her :huh: .....

i hate squeaky wipers but can you imagine the racket of these, yet she kept on driving till it was trade in time...

@Tony anyway back on topic, how quickly do you think the tyres in question went from being legal to that state?

hands ups :huh: ... i got done for having two illegal front tyres (bald on the inner half) years ago while driving a Mazda 323 ( was stopped for speeding and while he was at it he gave the car a good going over).... had changed the 4 tyres at the same time 4-5 months earlier, backs were so good the cop thought i was telling porkies about changing the four together, wasn't having any problems with handling and was working night shift so never dawned on me to check how they were wearing, previous Honda got new tyres once a year and were still legal coming off...

my own thinking is they were a budget tyre and the cars tracking must have been way off for them to go bad that quick...

anyway i'm way more careful about tyres ever since ... won't make that mistake again, always buy premium now for peace of mind