How lucky is this owner......

Tony

This owner traveled a reasonable mileage to wim to have his front inner tyre wear problem resolved. What he nor the tyre shop realised was this on the rear>

post-2-1188207546.jpg

Both rear tyres were split to the casing on the inner walls..... Needless to say i think he was a very lucky man indeed.

Both rear tyres were split to the casing on the inner walls..... Needless to say i think he was a very lucky man indeed.

Very frightening! Would you care to hazard an educated guess as to why it might have happened? Running under-inflated? - tyres beyond their expected life? - running above their rated speed?

Very frightening! Would you care to hazard an educated guess as to why it might have happened? Running under-inflated? - tyres beyond their expected life? - running above their rated speed?

I can confidently say "under-inflated" despite the fact these were cheapie tyres.

Nightmare! Did you get the dates of production?

No.... They didn't look that old... The make Regal is reasonably new... It's quite obvious the course was under inflation. Even in the image you can see the tyre is soft.