Tony

I've been shut down!........

Our ramp went off level due to a worn bearing liner and our software in the geo machine shut us down. I could say I'm really Fu**ed off because we had to cancel loads of bookings but in truth, this is exactly why I paid extra for the security knowing we are being policed and cannot knowingly or unknowingly calibrate a chassis if the ramp isn't level within 2mm on four corners. 

How long to get it fixed?

Thursday and then the machine needs to be "informed" our ramp alignment is correct.

That's pretty amazing it can detect a 2mm difference in the level. I didn't even know that and I wonder how many companies don't pay the extra.

How much difference to the geometry can it actually make?

To the camber about half a degree but it also gives a false thrust angle meaning if the front toe is adjusted it will leave the steering position off line.

Thats impressive (and obviously frustrating). Is that something that can be avoided via some preventative maintenance or do you need to wait for it to s**t itself!?

The ramp is regularly serviced and certified. It's all done now and the problem was a bearing liner and one rear corner needed a shim.  

23 hours ago, Tony said:

The ramp is regularly serviced and certified. It's all done now and the problem was a bearing liner and one rear corner needed a shim.  

which company makes the ramps?

I'm not sure to be honest but the maintenance is done by ProAlign and they certify the levels.