Smartly's Toyota C-HR Blog

SMARTLY

On 20/08/2022 at 09:36, liner33 said:

I think its the same engine as the Lexus UX that we have, I think they share the same Corolla platform , my wife loves it , i find the bleeps very annoying as it seems to bleep at me all the time :) but its very easy to drive and great for long trips. Ours is almost 3 years old now and 20k on it , trouble free apart from what sounds like a wheel bearing on the front wheel but its probably a stone behind the disc 

Much prefer the 2.0 and improved gearbox only criticism is that's its smaller in the rear and boot than the Prius 

I'm surprised you like the UX. I looked at those but they get terrible reviews and you've confirmed what I thought about the rear and boot being smaller. The CT has put me off getting another Lexus as the interior is just too cramped for us. Was fine on a test drive but living with it was a different story.

It feels bigger than the CT in the front but we don’t need back seats anymore and they are usually filled with the wife’s coats and jumpers . It’s got enough room for us but the boot is a certainly smaller than the Prius 

Wife loves it to bits , much more powerful than the Prius and about the same on fuel the build quality os top notch as well 

• 5 months later...

Well yesterday I ordered my next CHR, my third, a 1.8 GR Sport in Scarlet Flare with leather. Checked the app this morning and they have one built and ready to ship from Turkey. Probably get it end of March / April 😃 

image.jpeg.53a64a71abf2678e2bc4de9b1ae47872.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

Seems like a Toyota decision as it’s a 2023 model sells in USA and Europe

Google reckons that since the hybrid Prius was not compatible with various UK city taxi licencing the sales had dropped off , we are a small market so its not worth the hassle to get approval unless decent sales are expected this is why we arent getting the GR Corolla , the new GTR, Nissan Z , the list goes on :(

On 06/02/2023 at 16:22, SMARTLY said:

Yes, back to the 1.8, I’ve only done 3700 miles in 2 1/2 years so don’t really need the 2.0.

Not seen the new Prius, will have a look later 😀

Nice one but why are you changing your car again if your mileage is so low or do you always replace it every 3 years?

Really surprised the Prius is no longer available over here, what a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's shipped from Turkey to Portbury docks, Bristol and then taken up to Derby for some prep. work. So hopefully ship to dealer in about a week. I'm not selling mine to dealer as they will only give me trade price so looks like CarWow or Motorway but will need to get a new price when it gets to dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMARTLY said:

Well Motorway are offering quite a bit more than Webuyanycar. CarWow was best by a few hundred …… over Mototway ……

They actually said I'd get less than WBAC, I tried them first but the whole process of sending photos and descriptions etc was timewasting. They asked me to redo some in different positions then never replied. I was constantly chasing them but gave up in the end. It may work for you though.

Carwow have dealers bid on it so whilst they give you a guide price you may get more or less, I got almost £1k more on my UP! 

Can recommend them but they took two weeks to collect so you might be hanging around 

Thanks for that Liner, think Motorway work the same for the bids. I’ll get both to give me a final price but not if they want photos and stuff for a car that is under 3 years old and done less than 3700 miles and is immaculate 

Yes you will need to submit photos and take them from the angles they ask for. Motorway have a step by step guide to do this, not sure about carwow.

But like I said I went through the whole process, retook the photos they asked for and replied to emails with more information and then they didn't even submit the car to dealers or reply to emails so it was a massive waste of time.

I've been through the process with CarWow and can see what photos I need, so this afternoon a quick wash down of the black plastic and a photo session. Then advertise. I didn't realise it was auction but that's what it says ....

New car is with the dealer ( collection pencilled in for next Thursday ) so need to get sale going .....