Smartly's Toyota C-HR Blog

SMARTLY

No, it's the resolution of the screen and the app.

Just set a few things and went on a 20 mile drive, returned 68.9 mpg :) Struggled a bit with the cruise control as when you push the button to turn it on it goes to cruising to car in front first. Worked it out though.

It' s really nice and a little bit higher up than the Focus so yo can see a bit more of what is happening ahead.

Still no pics, it's going to be valeted and Supaguarded next week by a professional. Then pics.

Wired in the dashcam to a piggy back fuse adaptor at the weekend and working fine, looked at the back to see how easy that would be and it'a pig. Drop roof lining, thread a cable through, then feed it to the fusebox with the other one or into the glovebox for the 12V plug.

So I've ordered an HD dash cam that has two cameras built in one pointing front and one pointing back and will mount where the front one is now. then I can sell the other two.

Also took out the glove box and cabin filter as some have reported it looks like it's just plastic and not a proper pollen filter. So I've seen what it looks ( bit like folded fibreglass ? ) like so will do a bit of research.

It'll be interesting to see how the rear video looks being captured from a camera at the front. Do you have rear tints, does it work through them?

The missus wants one for Xmas but I'm not sure what to get yet.

On 19/11/2018 at 08:55, Tony said:

They have a glorious shape..... Like a concept car that "did" get made, in fact, if Lamborghini made SUV's it would look like this

Ztoyota-c-hr-concept-16.thumb.jpg.6944be45bbd3035d8998ebe70d261b54.jpg

Yeah I like the look of this car - the fuel economy is really good

The cameras are adjustable a bit like an eyeball, needs to be with the small rear window on the C-HR. You can set it to front, rear or both and both displays a little picture in picture and I think that's how it records.

It should be here this week, so I'll let you know.

One thing with the car that is cool it has downlighters in the mirrors and as you approach lights up and display "Toyota C-HR" on the floor :)