Is this head-on collision 50/50 fault?......

Tony

NSFW: Some language

Insurance seems to think so? Also the Merc failed it's MOT the day before. I don't know what happened, but the Merc driver didn't seem to brake if at all..... What do you think.

Think both were driving too fast for the road, but merc didn't brake and probably not much time to.

Insurance are doing a lot of 50/50's now. A neighbour recently was stopped at traffic lights in right hand lane to go right and a foreign lorry in the left lane wanted to go right as well and just turned either without looking or not seeing them. Collision. 50/50.

Unless it's a slam dunk like a rear ending, insurance companies are settling pretty much everything as 50:50 nowadays as it's easy and everyone wins - share the cost and both sides increase the premium for many years.

It's a real scam but nothing we can do about it sadly.

Can't see the video at work but the same happened to my Brother. He was in the correct lane on a roundabout and someone changed lanes and went into the OSR of his car. They wouldn't take the blame so it looks like it's going 50/50 and his renewal is £1k, tripple what he paid last year! :(

So basically the insurance company's just trying to reduce their losses..... Does this 50/ 50 leave some sort of marker on your policy because it does suggest an element of blame?

Yes exactly that, both sides have blame so both sides premium can go up.

Can't see the video at work but the same happened to my Brother. He was in the correct lane on a roundabout and someone changed lanes and went into the OSR of his car. They wouldn't take the blame so it looks like it's going 50/50 and his renewal is £1k, tripple what he paid last year! :(

Bugger, reminds me I really should get around to putting dash cams in the other cars, it's crucial nowadays.

The rear window is pretty small and there aren't really any places to mount it. I was trying to see if there was a way I could attach it to one of the roll hoops but even then they're not in the best place to get decent visibility out of the rear.

If it was weather proof we could have looked at an option either outside the car or in the engine bay but it isn't sadly.