Madeira

parthiban

Not heard of this before had to Google it. It's not a very big island then? Looks like a nice place to visit and for doing photography. Some long exposures of that waterfall would be awesome :)

Not heard of this before had to Google it. It's not a very big island then? Looks like a nice place to visit and for doing photography. Some long exposures of that waterfall would be awesome :)

I hadn't heard of it beforehand either! Not big at all, really great place to just chill out, and yes brilliant for keen photographers. Many great walks around the island with so many photo opportunities.

Just under 4 hours from Gatwick so quite a popular destination for Brits seemingly.

I went some years ago with my son and we both really enjoyed it. It's a wet island at some times of the year so you need to plan your dates carefully.

Guess where madeira wine comes from ;)

She has flown before (her ex husband made her fly to the States) but I'm not making an issue out of it. I enjoy the experience of flying myself but I hate the whole check in and "Sit there for the next four hours and eat this plastic sandwich!" palaver, so ferries are my preferred means of holiday transport. I also like to be independent whe we get there and with our own car we can drive wherever we want, when we want.

Maybe I'm just too old to go on exciting holidays. :lol:

Nothing that strapping a splint to it won't cure :D .......I know what you mean about the check in lark. On the ship we have to have a life boat/ vest drill, the annoying part is we did this last year so you would think we are exempt.