Would this make you jump?..........

Tony

They're lovely creatures. Very pretty faces and super soft fur.

Once rescued one caught on a barbed wire fence out in the sticks in Australia.

At first, naturally, it was scared of me but as soon as it twigged that I was untangling its wings and trying to help it relaxed and let me get on with it.

Once freed, it then didn't want to let go of me and was clambering about on my arm and shoulder quite happily.

it was only when I went to sit in the car that it just jumped off and flew away over the valley.

Very happy to have saved its life because there was no way it could have freed itself.

A fruit bat maybe? Sometimes called a flying fox I think. They are common in several countries and eat fruit up to about apple and pear size.

I came in contact with them some years ago in the Gerald Durrell zoo on Jersey where they are (or were ?) kept in a very large glass house with hanging nets strung near the roof. They would happily hang on an arm and eat an apple. 

I believe in Africa they have been associated with ebola so maybe not as harmless as they used to be considered, but my information is not authoritative and I'd want better data before drawing conclusions.

If you think wasps are the devil you have never met a Hornet.

Its a wasp on steroids, i got stung on the hand by a hornet when i lived in Denver (usa) and my whole left arm swelled up. Not a nice experience:(