RC Glider

adam_r

The hubsan x4 is around 95mm diagonally from motor to motor centre. The big one is 250mm.

The hubsan has gyros but you cant turn them off only down.with the big one it does have a flight controller but you can turn them totally off which is a werid experience.

If you turn off the gyros and angle the copter forward at 30 degrees it will stay at that angle until you correct it.

post-1956-0-19097800-1440830379.jpg

post-1956-0-09640300-1440830423.jpg

post-1956-0-45494800-1440830631.jpg

post-1956-0-22717200-1440830682.jpg

Smarty.i would always advise someone to get a micro quad first they are about £20 on amazon now.

They are a very good introduction in to how quads fly and what you can do with them.. And they are pretty robust and very cheap to fix. With the 250carbon quad things happen faster and will be more expensive to fix

The hubsan x4 ( what you should buy first before spending 10x the price on a bigger one) has gyros on the flight controller board.

My big helicopter has this on it as a flight controller board. It has 6 axis gyros. The more expensive version has a barometer, gyros, gps and a few other additions but to me it wasnt worth double the cost.

http://www.radioc.co.uk/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37747

Its only as easy as you make it Tony.

The gyros can be completely turned of via a switch on your controller. This then means your flying with no artificial help. Its called 'acro' mode.

Angle mode is similar to acro apart from it wont let you bank the quad more than a pre determined angle (set up by the user in the gui)

Horizon mode is where the gyros are fully functional and do most of the work.. I.e self level etc.

Horizon is perfect for a beginner as its super smooth to fly but at the same time it rather frustrating as you dont have full control of the quad.