RC Glider

adam_r

Yup. Most people have scores of batteries. With the bigger quads the motors dont get hot so you can run multiple battery packs back to back.

The smaller hubsan x4's motors are brushed motors and they get warm after 5 min of flying. Most people advise letting them cool before flying again as being 7mm brushed they are quite delicate :)

Shaz. Already been back in the air.. Proper fix done too :).

I have also done some FPV (first person view) with her.

Basically a small camera and a video tx on the glider with an RX and goggles on my head! Its quite odd but very satisfying.

Took her about 1 mile away from me without any signal degradation.. I lost my bottle and turned back !

Tony. My spotter can still see the glider. But its rather small at that distance :).the glider is 3.35m wing span so its still not tiny at 1mile

Range on my setup should be around 1.5-2 miles... So very short range really.

When i get alot more free cash im going to buy a long range system with a range of about 100km. But then i will need to buy another plane to utalise the system (what a shame)

Yes you can put gopros on the bigger quads.

Tony. Look back at the post of the quad on my kiddies trampoline. Between the upper and lower deck at the front and you will see a board at a slight angle with what looks like a lens on it...

Thats a sony super HAD II 700tvl board camera. The signal from this is fed back to the big metal thing on the upper deck at the back, the vtx.. The vtx or Video Transmitter then sends the video back via a 5.8ghz carrier signal to my ground station ( a 5.8ghz rx) and then this received signal is then fed to my video goggles.

Lag is less than 0.5 seconds so really isnt much.

So instead of looking at the model from the ground i can put on a box with a 5" tv on my head and watch it from there :D