Give the Lambo a head start......

Tony

No NOS in that car.. It will be boost by gear causing that squat.

1st and 2nd gear will run lower boost to keep wheel spin down during launch.. Then the boost is wound up for 3rd gear + as you dont suffer much grip issues once going that speed

Tony.. You said it was a 2nd turbo... When thats not really correct.

Im not sure if this car has 1 or 2 turbos but a proper performance ecu tune on a car like this will have something called 'boost by gear' this allows the tuner to dial in different amounts of boost depending on what gear is selected.

This really comes in to its own with 500+bhp cars as it lets the driver use the full rev range at launch but with reduced power. So the tyres hook quicker and the revs are up. Change in to 2nd, more boost is provided as grip is slightly less of an issue... Then 3rd gear and the engine/ turbo setup can then provide maximum power without the worry of grip.

The turbo is working duting this time but the electrical waste gate will control the amount of boost pressure directed in to the air intake

Not on a drag car you don't you want as much power in off the line , no point putting it in half way down

Twin turbos don't come in at different speeds/rpm the r35 engine is a v6, one turbo feeds each bank , they both boost together

Yes.. The bigger the turbo.. The worse the lag (generally speaking).

One way of getting around lag is what diesels and the porsche 911 turbo use,

VNT's.

Variable Nossel Turbo's have 'active' veins inside that controll the airflow over the spindle. The vains mean that exhaust gass airflow is sped up during low RPM and then they move to keep the flow of air constant as the RPM rises...this provides almost 0turbo lag and it means boost is almost always there.

With a single turbo they take tine to spin up enough to compress the air inside the cooling system (known as turbo lag).. But once they hit this point they deliver more compressed air to the engine giving more power

Im fairly clued up on tuning / engines as i have done my fair share of rebuilds, changes, transplants etc... And i tune cars ;).

The car in the video has 2 turbos and a v6 engine.. 1 turbo feeds 3 cylinders (1 turbo feeds 1 bank of the V). There will also be a pressure ballance bar to ensure pressure is equal.

The turbos will have an electronic waste gate controlled by the cars ecu.

The waste gate controls the amount of boost the turbo can produce by opening and closing a little flap inside the turbo housing.

To reduce boost the flap opens allowing some of the air to either escape down the exhaust side, or down an external route.

As more boost is requested the waste gate is shut allowing the turbo to compress more air and feed it in to the engine.

AMS pride themselves on the life span of their engines .. This will last much longer than 15s.. I presume this engine will last quite some time, years probably.

There are many performance kits avalible for lambos, gtrs etc that push the car to around 1500hp.

Look up undergroundracing

So what do you think the life span of this build would be? As we know top fuel engines have about a 15sec span between re-builds do you think this cars engine is built for a duration?

Top fuel engines are checked/rebuilt after each run

Another way to reduce lag is to use a supercharger like my little Fabia does , or nitrous but modern engines and turbos are much better designed so lag is not the issue it once was

I suspect the car in the video is protecting the drivetrain since the load is greatest on launch , you could do this with lower boost and/or different timing maps or even limited throttle openings. 

You can tell all the power is coming in late by the terminal speed , on a 7.7 the terminal speed is more commonly 160-170

Im fairly clued up on tuning / engines as i have done my fair share of rebuilds, changes, transplants etc... And i tune cars ;).

Hmmm. Could you tune a Mercedes 220 cdi so the Dealer would know? ;)